After saying sorry for w@nking the whole time while we where making the game, and making a dedicated group of 2 people who deal solely with feedback, good or bad, I would
1. Put more effort into fixing bugs and existing content, and always have bug fixes in every patch.
2. Always listen and understand the players when it comes to balancing.
3. Absolutely REMOVE every time gate in the game(dungeons, ascended, what have you). I will not punish people for playing a different way from me, I hate this anti-farming shit.
4. Host competitions every 4 months through facebook and through forums. Engage players to be creative. Allow players with the most votes to have their designs added to the game in future content or for a reward.
5. Actually fix the bad PC port that GW2 is. You can tell it was designed for a console lol, wasn't they introducing it on console anyway?
6. Fix the extremely frustrating mouse click where you target with both left and right. It's driving me mad, just make it a tick box or something.
7. Actually make support important and change rupts to 1/3 seconds casts, make people able to see what skills your casting. It means a revamp of mesmer and ranger. Yeah, I know this means changing what GW2 is supposed to be.
8. Make Gaile act as she did in GW1. If that is not possible for whatever reason, find someone that can at least do half as good as her.
9. Remove the vista's and PoI's needed to complete world mapping from WvW. Players should not be forced to do WvW to get them, and they take up space for the people that actually play WvW.
10. Allow people to change the colour of their skintone in the hair kit as well. Also make character able to colour their hair accessories at any time, with their own colours.
11. Have a serious conversation with NCSoft and staff about raising the paychecks and pay them equally(gender and race wise) and fair.
12. Understand that I'm overworking my employers, try to figure out a way to make it less hectic and stressful for them.
13. Make events scale better, group events can be done by just one person now(Except dragons obviously). Mainly because the reality is, people aren't going to go back to zones and we should stop trying to make them unless it's quality lore. And it sucks being lvl 28 and you can't kill a champ cause there's nobody else around.
14. Introduce a companion like heroes in Guild Wars, you may only have one, and in a party of players you may only have one spawned at a time. You can customize this character to your own will. It can be any race that is friendly and wield any weapons to it's class. You can choose class and customize skills. It will be on the gear level of a player but you must purchase gear for it. It will not have amazing AI obviously(will be able to dodge, but not dodge everything etc, but it will be a nice companion when you level up or venture through Tyria.
1. I would reintroduce the dungeons in the past, make 2 new paths to all of them each, also expand on the extremely short ones(like the southsun one). I would make the aetherblade armour available as rewards for tokens, as well as weapon skins that was introduced at the time, i. e the southsun weapons you could only get through RNG would now be available as a reward for the southsun dungeon or still be able to be purchased through the tickets you get in the lion chest of course. I would make these double the token amount than other dungeons, and try to make these dungeons fairly harder, but not either "boss has 46791201mil HP" or the classic oneshot mechanism delevopers love to add into "challenging content". It will be based on your ability to dodge and your general skill level.
2. I would introduce a brand new mini expansion(something at the length of War in Kryta) that will take you futher into the lore of the God's, and it will lead you to the elite areas such as UW, and in the future FoW will come, and then next will be DoA. These elite areas will be 10 to 20 man and very challenging. And I will make the reward a chance for a precursor at end chest and some new great looking very rare weapon skins, FoW will spawn a armour vendor that will allow you to buy the obsidian armour from Guild Wars, all available. Mesmer, ritualist, monk, necromancer, elementalist as Light options, warrior and paragon as heavy, dervish, ranger and assassin as medium. It will cost different amount of T6 materials depending on Light/Heavy/Medium + 150e(25e/ea piece), they will be ascended(since that crap got introduced). DoA will of course have some unique skin drops, but in particular it will be possible to purchase armbraces again to receive tormented weapons.
3. Possibly when the game reaches 2 years I would release an expansion and I would make it Cantha and the Tengu being a new playable race. You wont be able to start on the starter island with anything but a Tengu, but will introduce new skins, faces, armours, etc on all races. And it will be like in Guild Wars, where you can take your existing character to the new continent and experience the story. Would maybe not be the popular opinion, but the Kurzick and Luxons would be in it despite this whole ordeal with not wanting to offend anyone. But perhaps it will be in a completely different way than them fighting? Introduce Luxon, Kurzick and Imperial armour, and each set will be specificity made for each race and not made for a human and then stretched.
4. With the new expansion it would be naturally to introduce Guild Halls and GvG. There will be two types. Your normal GH that has same type of options as GW1(allowing you to add merchants of many sorts). But it would also give options to more RPG'ers, options to add furniture, NPC's, etc. The second type is the GH you fight other Guilds with, it will not have any of the RPG elements present as it acts as a battleground. Each guild hall has their pro's and con's.
I may expand on this I don't know. Just dreaming right now really lol, sorry.
Edit: I can only comment on PvE etc as I simply do not do WvW or PvP.
Edited by Cube, 24 October 2013 - 09:33 AM.