LOCOMOFO

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 442 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[GLTY]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:00 AM

So it's been a year and the lag has gotten worse (understatement) not better.  With the introduction of WvW leagues the lag has hit extrodinary levels.

We all know it's there, we've been complaining about it since beta.  Yet the only responses we get from ANet (if any) are along the lines of "We are aware of the issue and are working on tweaks to reduce it".  That's all well and good, but the real fix would be to upgrade their servers.  It's obvious to me that whatever servers they're currently using simply can't handle what this game throws at them.

This is not solely a WvW problem either as I've been trying to play through crazy lag during fractal runs, making for a frustrating as hell experience.  The jumping levels especially (harpies & lesser extent colossus & maw) where you make the jump on your screen, only to find yourself dead a couple seconds later scratching your head.  Did I mention the frequent DCs mid-fight?  I know everyone enjoys those...

The skill lag I was experiencing over the weekend had me questioning why I still persist with this game.  I realised it's because there is simply nothing else out there that strikes my interest.  Luckily GW2 doesn't have a monthly fee or I'd say many of us would've called it quits a long time ago.

So what's to be done?

I've been waiting patiently, hoping for a solution, but it's been a friggen year...  And it's getting worse not better despite ANet's frivolous efforts.

All hopes of getting better servers are pretty much out the window at this stage.  I just don't see them forking out the money as I know it's not a cheap solution.

For me, I still enjoy WvW, but if this is what it's going to be like for the forseeable future, then I'll be cutting down my play time until I eventually just move on.  ANet/NSoft are most definitely not going to be seeing money from me until the problem is rectified, that's for damn sure.

What do you guys think?

Do you think ANet will release a miracle patch magically fixing the lag?  Do you think they'll bite the bullet and upgrade their servers?  Or do you think they'll continue with the usual PR about working on the issue with no real result?

#2 cobalt

cobalt

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:11 AM

I feel for you, i really do but i really don't experience the lag to the extent that you do. I was doing WvW battlegrounds, just a couple of hours ago, and all 3 sides were fighting for smc, i had some slow down and the sound cut out but other than that this game usually runs fairly smooth for me.

Since i have an older AMD system i thought my system would really chug but its really is smooth.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lag lag lag

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users