13 replies to this topic

#1 BreadBuddy

BreadBuddy

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:32 PM

What do you think of these people?

Just joined a party wherein someone with Juggernaut, Moot and Flameseeker Prophecies was talking to someone else on how he had to spend so much RL money to finish his legendaries because "he just wanted it so bad". He had 4.6k achievement points.

What is wrong with these people? Personally, I think it's one of the most pathetic things you can do in this game.

#2 Fluxed

Fluxed

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:01 PM

Almost as pathetic as making a topic about it.
Does it really get under your skin that bad that some people are wealthy enough to throw tons of disposable income into a game they enjoy? Guess jealousy can make you a bit bitter huh?

#3 BreadBuddy

BreadBuddy

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:13 PM

Yep and very much so.

Always wondering why they are in such a hurry to spend cash for something you will eventually get anyway by just playing the game they, as you say, enjoy

Edited by BreadBuddy, 09 November 2013 - 01:19 PM.

#4 jonasklk

jonasklk

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:15 PM

Well it's their money, they can do what they want with them.

#5 DarkGhostGizmoXx

DarkGhostGizmoXx

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • Server:Ruins of Surmia

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:20 PM

So it's pathetic to spend real money rather than waste hours grinding in a game? Ok...
If you have the money, and that's what you want to do, then go for it.
And anyway, people who do that are bringing down the cost of gems, so it actually benefits other long term.

#6 Darkobra

Darkobra

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1366 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:21 PM

So he chose a different road to the same destination and it bothers you? Why? It's his money, it's his game, it's his characters and you didn't need to choose to interact with him in any way.

I genuinely don't care about legendaries or what other people do with their money. Doesn't affect me in any way.

#7 BreadBuddy

BreadBuddy

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:22 PM

View PostDarkGhostGizmoXx, on 09 November 2013 - 01:20 PM, said:

So it's pathetic to spend real money rather than waste hours grinding in a game? Ok...
If you have the money, and that's what you want to do, then go for it.
And anyway, people who do that are bringing down the cost of gems, so it actually benefits other long term.
You don't have to grind to get a legendary.

#8 BreadBuddy

BreadBuddy

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:30 PM

View PostDarkobra, on 09 November 2013 - 01:21 PM, said:

So he chose a different road to the same destination and it bothers you? Why? It's his money, it's his game, it's his characters and you didn't need to choose to interact with him in any way.

I genuinely don't care about legendaries or what other people do with their money. Doesn't affect me in any way.
I guess I'm just bothered that if feels like it cheapens the legendaries.

There are people who work hard and play the game to achieve a legendary and there are those who just dump they're cash on gems and buy it from the TP.

Yes this bothers me a lot, sorry if it seems like a small thing to get bothered by but I can't be the only one that feels this way

#9 pumpkin pie

pumpkin pie

Obnoxious Font Tag Abuser

• Site Contributors
  • 4911 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[AARM]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:31 PM

I am happy that people are throwing money into the game :D as long as that person isn't me.

#10 El Duderino

El Duderino

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2246 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[DuDE]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:42 PM

When a game builds its payment model around selling gold and making one of the most desirable things in the game available to buy for gold, this is what will happen. Some call it pay to win, some won't.

However, as I have stated in the past, people generally have frowned upon these things in the past. No one likes to have people buy their way to the same things other people have to work for.

But, yes, legendaries are a grind. Especially trying to get a precursor.

#11 Illein

Illein

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2039 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:47 PM

Wouldn't be worth it to me, personally - but if others have the spare change and like to throw money at the game, why not.

And I applaud those people who do it and admit it. Because there's nothing more irritating to me than people who you just KNOW buy their shit with RL cash and they try so hard to convince everyone that's not the case that it gets rather desperate.

#12 El Duderino

El Duderino

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2246 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[DuDE]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:50 PM

View Postpumpkin pie, on 09 November 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

I am happy that people are throwing money into the game :D as long as that person isn't me.

You do know that the money "thrown in to the game" doesn't go to ANet, right? It goes to NCSoft who then decided where to invest that money.

#13 BreadBuddy

BreadBuddy

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:50 PM

View PostIllein, on 09 November 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:

who you just KNOW buy their shit with RL cash
How does one know?

I doubt there are many people who use cash to buy their legendaries to admit using cash.

Edited by BreadBuddy, 09 November 2013 - 01:51 PM.

#14 Feathermoore

Feathermoore

Underdog

• Super Moderators
  • 3812 posts
  • Guild Tag:[AWWW]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:54 PM

There is absolutely no reason for a thread with no purpose other than to insult people.

*Hiccup!* "My gnaester will never be the same." ~ Khairelikoblepharehglukumeilichephriedosd'enagouni

Why hello there forumite. Would you like me to review some moderation you did not agree with? Never fear! PM is here! Want to be a better poster? Check on this link! And this one!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users