Fenn

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[ITA]
  • Server:Whiteside Ridge

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:21 PM

Hello there, if you're looking for a GREAT Condition damage build for PvE and Dungeons you're in the right place!
The main build is the following: Base version (with Flamethrower)
New version of the build: BombKit instead FT VERSION (seems better, but a lil bit harder to stack might)

BASE VERSION

DESCRIPTION
This build uses the Rabid’s stats with Berserker’s weapons (that’s a personal choice) but you can change and use others stats. The sigils are Sigil of Earth and Sigil of Battle and I recommend to not change them. Runes are another thing you should not change. Utility skills are Flamethrower, Grenades and Elixir B for Fury. Thanks to runes, sigil, Koi Cake and traits you can stack easily 15 stacks of Bleeding or MORE, you also apply burning for up to 75% of the time. At least there are more minor condition such as Confusion, Poison, Chilling and Blinding.
You also have a great survivabilty thanks to Bakcpack Regenerator Trait, Healing Turret, great amount of Tougness and in case of emergency you can use the turret's blast and water field to gain some extra heals.
I reccomend this build for those people you enjoy playing with Flamethrower and love do a lot of damage.

Posted Image

HOW TO USE IT
Let's take a closer look to it. All the build is based on stacking Might to gain more condition damage and then to stack all the conditions you can stack on your enemy.
Before you attack you need to stack Might.
Stacking Might is so easy with this build thanks to 20% Boon Durations and 40% Might durations. This mean a total of 60% Might duration! You can stack Might using the combos and healing yourself! The maximum stacks of might that you can stack yourself are 23 stacks, but normally you'll stack only 20 because 3 stacks comes from elite's Blast. Here are the steps to stack them:
  • Everytime you're walking or waiting you can stack 8 stacks by taking FT in your hands.

• Use Napalm skill to get a Fire field, then use the Healing turret to gain 3 stacks from healing (thanks to the rune) and 3 by destroying it!

• Take off FT (if you take it off while in combat you gain 3 more stacks from sigil) and use Magnetic inversion by using twice 1st skill of your shield!

• Drink Elixir B.
Now you can attack following this sequence of skills:
  • Static Shot.

• Poison Dart Volley, take Grenade Kit.

• Use Grenade Barrage if it's not in CD.

• Use Shrapnel Grenade then Freeze Grenade if it's not in CD.

• Spam Grenade skill 2-3 times, use Shrapnel Grenade. Now you need to stack more Might.

• While you're stacking might with FT you can use Flame Bast and autoattack skill.

• Stack Might with Blasts as described above and restart from 1.
With 2 round of skills you should had stack about 15 stacks of bleeding (or more if you're lucky), almost a perma-burning (75% of time your enemy have burning), 25 stacks of vulnerability, poison and confusion.
These are only some guidelines on how you should use this build, of course you can develop your own style!

SOME MATH
First, I want to illustrate the average damage per second made from phase 3 to 5.
Let the Direct Damage (grenades), Burning Damage and Bleeding Damage be DD, BnD, BdD respectively. BnD and BdD are meant by the effective damage you deal in one second (that one which appears on screen with the respective icon). The DD is intended with 2 grenades critical and 1 not and the enemy with Armor equal to 1250 in order to assume that we have 70% critical hit chance. Also WpnStrgth = Weapon Strength and is the average of the 2 values, P = Power, M is the power/condition damage given by Might, S = Bleeding Stacks, CD = Condition Damage.

DPS = DD + BuD + BdD

The Lower damage you deal is when you have 0 stacks of might:

DD = 2*(WpnStrgth*(P)/1000*SkillDmg)*1,60+(WpnStrgth*(P)/1000*SkillDmg)/Armor
( source )
DD = (2*(952 * 1,411 * 165)*1,60 + (952 * 1,411 * 165)) / 1250 = 744
BuD = 0,25 * (CD + M) + 4*Level + 8
BuD = 0,25 * (1259+0) + 328 = 642
BdD = (0,05 * (CD + M) + 0,5*Level + 2,5) * S
BdD = (0,05 * (1259+0) + 42,5) * 14 = 1476
So DPS is 744 + 642 + 1469 = 2863.
That's not so much, but no Might here! Let's see with 15 stacks (which is not the maximum this build can reach). So M = 15 * 35 = 525 power and/or condition damage
DD = (2*(952 * 1,936 * 165)*1,60 + (952 * 1,936 * 165)) / 1250 = 1021
BuD = 0,25 * (1259+525) + 328 = 774
BlD = (0,05 * (1259+525) + 42,5) * 14 = 1843
DPS = 1021 + 774 + 1843 = 3639
Now let’s see the burning time. With Incendiary powder we apply 6.75s of burning every 10 seconds. In 1 minute you apply 40s of burning, thanks to Incendiary Ammo you can reach 45s, which is exactly 75%.

BOMB KIT VERSION

DESCRIPTION
mnbmnbqq has suggested to avoid to use FT since it isn't designed for a condition build and Juggernaut force you to switch to FT all the time. In the new version instead of using Juggernaut to stack might you'll use HGH Trait, Fire Bomb's fire field with Big ol' Bomb's blast and healing turret's blast. With 3 blasts available we can stack 12 stacks of Might (9 from blasts 3 from Rune), 3 stacks from Elixir B, 3 from Sigil Of Battle and if you go down 75% of your Health you gain 3 more stacks from Hidden Flask trait. The total is of 21 stacks of might but we can use Toss Elixir B and get 23. This in a very short time. The wait time to stack might is a con of the FT build.

((I'm stil testing the build, please be patient for the HOW TO part. The MATH part should be pretty the same but you can get more stacks of might faster))

CONCLUSION
I want thank you for reading! If you find any error or want to tell me some tips, please, write a reply! =D
I hope you ENJOY and LIKE this build!! Greetings! =)

PS: Sorry for grammar errors, but I’m not mothertongue!

Edited by Fenn, 12 November 2013 - 07:09 PM.

#2 mnbmnbqq

mnbmnbqq

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[WdR]
  • Server:Kodash

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:11 PM

Some minor flaws I came across: I think Sigil of Battle and Sigil of Earth share internal cooldowns, maybe you want Sigil of Corruption/Bursting instead. Using both Flamethrower and Grenades is not really efficient in my opinion. Juggernaut kinda forces you not to switch kits often and it takes some time to get your full grenade rotation of. Grenade Kit is all about spamming shrapnel grenade to stack bleeds, so you maybe want Short Fuse instead of Incendiary Powder, which isn't that good in group play. Flamethrower isn't a good choice for a condition build and for direct damage you're missing out some important traits.
I still think the build is good enough for beginners to learn about engineer and fun to play. And thank you for showing me the Rune of the Noble, I didn't know that one after the remake.

#3 Fenn

Fenn

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[ITA]
  • Server:Whiteside Ridge

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:58 PM

View Postmnbmnbqq, on 11 November 2013 - 07:11 PM, said:

Some minor flaws I came across: I think Sigil of Battle and Sigil of Earth share internal cooldowns, maybe you want Sigil of Corruption/Bursting instead. Using both Flamethrower and Grenades is not really efficient in my opinion. Juggernaut kinda forces you not to switch kits often and it takes some time to get your full grenade rotation of. Grenade Kit is all about spamming shrapnel grenade to stack bleeds, so you maybe want Short Fuse instead of Incendiary Powder, which isn't that good in group play. Flamethrower isn't a good choice for a condition build and for direct damage you're missing out some important traits.
I still think the build is good enough for beginners to learn about engineer and fun to play. And thank you for showing me the Rune of the Noble, I didn't know that one after the remake.
FT instead is very useful. With 60% Might Duration you can use the might gained from Juggernaut with other kits for a while without losing a significant amount of Might. It also gives you a Fire Field, to stack 6 Stakcs of might for whole party. Skill 2 make a 2-2.5k of aoe dmg. With skill 5 you can Blind your enemies if you're knocked down and prevent them to attack you. The Flamethrower is intended to be used while waiting Grenades cooldown (you stack might while attacking).
Spamming Shrapnel? Warriors also spam hundred blades... I don't see the problem. With 70% condition duration with Shrapnel engi apply 3 stacks of bleeding for 20s without counting Sigil of Battle, Sharpshooter and Shrapnel trait.
The secret of this build is to learn how much you use FT to stack Might with juggernaut: too much time means losing DPS, not enough time means losing Might stacks (= DPS, but you lose less in this case).
If we want to change FT (following your advice) we should keep in mind that we need a fire field to stack might! Without a firefield all the build is a lot weaker! The other fier fields comes from the Flame Turret Tool Belt Skill and bombs. Flame Turret is out. Bombs are a good alternative. I think I'll test this alternative and see if it's better than the actual build.
Thank you for your answer.

#4 FoxBat

FoxBat

Vigil Crusader

• Members
  • 3973 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:54 PM

Bomb gives you fire field on a lower cooldown which already gives you full burning uptime with consumables, as well as a blast finisher (3 more party might vs. 7ish self might) and doesn't force you to waste time on a shitty autoattack. If you have trouble stacking all your finishers in one short field, the cooldown is low enough that you can stagger across separate fields. FT is not in the same league for condition build and certainly no reason to mess with it when you're already traited for grenades.

Also going into HGH for just elixir B is a huge waste of resources. Use a blast finisher in that spot instead, like rifle turret, mine, or elixir gun. Med kit and/or altruism runes if you really want fury, but it doesn't do that much for you in rabid anyway. Alternatively go full hog with 3 elixirs if you're gonna spec that trait line, but you waste so much time tossing elixirs that it's only a benefit if condition removal is crucial (aka PvP)

#5 Plyte

Plyte

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:08 PM

View PostFoxBat, on 30 November 2013 - 03:54 PM, said:

Also going into HGH for just elixir B is a huge waste of resources. Use a blast finisher in that spot instead, like rifle turret, mine, or elixir gun. Med kit and/or altruism runes if you really want fury, but it doesn't do that much for you in rabid anyway. Alternatively go full hog with 3 elixirs if you're gonna spec that trait line, but you waste so much time tossing elixirs that it's only a benefit if condition removal is crucial (aka PvP)

I think Elixir Gun is the superior blast finisher.  If you can master the acid bomb cancel, using EG over other blast finishers offers you a stun breaker and 2 good AoE condition cleanses.  Its honestly hard to compare with that.

I find it generally a bad idea to shoot for 25 might stacks in a build for dungeons.  It becomes redundant because you are almost always have an additional source for might.  Between signet of inspiration, for great justice, and other common might sources, theres often someone else in your party who can provide might.  

Incinderary powder is a bit of a waste.  You get high enough uptime with fire bomb or FT skills, and you'll be competing with guardians or eles for burn "room".

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: engineer build, build, engineer, condition, condition build, grenades, grenade

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users