Zabrielx

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[GV]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:47 PM

Haven't seen a state of the game video or stream in a while..... Any idea why? I enjoyed seeing guru and arena net  discuss builds/classes/traits. What do you guys think? What happened?

Edited by Zabrielx, 20 November 2013 - 03:49 PM.

#2 MazingerZ

MazingerZ

Golem Rider

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2274 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[CYRL]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:18 PM

The prior host, Grouch, was hired by ArenaNet.  Interpret from that what you will.

Steppenwolf took over for a 2013-09-06 cast and that's been it since then.

Steppenwolf is apparently part of a channel on Twitch called Jianji.

And Jianji's last cast was about WildStar.

The last cast for GuildWars2Guru was in September.

They apparently wait until ArenaNet blesses them with some employees to stream with.  Whether ArenaNet's been unable or unwilling to provide the warm bodies for commentary is up to conjecture.

Take from it what you will, it's just information.

Edit: Additionally, Grouch and SteppenWolf had a channel called MistLeague, but it ceased streaming around the time Grouch was hired by ArenaNet.

Edited by MazingerZ, 20 November 2013 - 04:22 PM.

It's okay to enjoy crap if you're willing to admit it's crap.
Every patch is like ArenaNet walking out onto the stage of the International Don't Kitten Up Championship, and then proceeding to shiv itself in the stomach 30 times while screaming "IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!"

#3 davadude

davadude

Seraph Guardian

• News Correspondents
  • 1396 posts
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[Team]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:27 PM

View PostZabrielx, on 20 November 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

Haven't seen a state of the game video or stream in a while..... Any idea why? I enjoyed seeing guru and arena net  discuss builds/classes/traits. What do you guys think? What happened?

The Guru team tried to make some State of the Game expansions (to PVE, PVP, WVWVW, Mechanics, etc), after which I never heard anything about it again.  A hiring was posted for community members, and it received no response, either.
Davadude - Guru Village Idiot

#4 Zabrielx

Zabrielx

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:36 PM

Aww that suckss... Thanks Guys for the info!

Edited by Zabrielx, 20 November 2013 - 10:36 PM.

#5 nerfandderf

nerfandderf

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:04 PM

I am surprised that anet let it die - it was good publicity for them. But shows overall how attractive the game is if no one even bothered sending in a cv.

#6 El Duderino

El Duderino

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2258 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[DuDE]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:50 PM

View Postnerfandderf, on 21 November 2013 - 12:04 PM, said:

I am surprised that anet let it die - it was good publicity for them. But shows overall how attractive the game is if no one even bothered sending in a cv.

Personally, I feel like it is another brick in the wall of their attempt to stop the scrutiny of their game until they figure things out.

#7 davadude

davadude

Seraph Guardian

• News Correspondents
  • 1396 posts
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[Team]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:54 PM

View PostMazingerZ, on 22 November 2013 - 01:43 PM, said:

So you mean because of a flagging interest in GW2?

Try again.  Guru simply stopped producing them.  In fact, Arenanet contacted Guru a few times for a new one.
Davadude - Guru Village Idiot

#8 Alex Dimitri

Alex Dimitri

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1203 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:18 PM

Much more than State of the Game we need some organized effort from players (making surveys, compiling "wish list`s" and voice of community) and then point it to Anet ! Waiting to happen other way around will be futile effort and repeat of washed up phrase " developed by players for players" .

If Anet had little common sense and listened to player base like 20% more we would have 50% better game now !

#9 El Duderino

El Duderino

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2258 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DuDE]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:50 PM

View PostZabrielx, on 22 November 2013 - 08:36 PM, said:

Why? Just because?

Because Guru relies on players with video casting experience to set this up and make it successful. Whether the loss of interest is because of a lack of activity on Guru or because of a lack of overall interest in GW2 is debatable. Although, we do know that no one is doing these videos now - and it is an overall shame that it isn't happening.

I would think that if ANet cared, they would find a way to at least produce it on their own.

#10 Khalija

Khalija

Leaf on the Wind

• Administrators
  • Curse Premium
  • 4181 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:03 AM

Dude is right - the show itself did rely on volunteers with experience and enough time to produce the show. After Grouch left for Anet, we talked to some people about taking over and eventually we found Steppen. Unfortunately, even before the first episode we were having a lot of issues (mostly technical) and could not continue with the way it was going. I had a talk with Frozire and after we laid it all out on the table we decided that we could no longer produce it ourselves. However, I do believe Anet is whipping up something to replace it so hopefully we'll see a reincarnation of the show soon.

Feel free to PM me if you have a question regarding moderation, want to leave some feedback, or just want to chat!

#11 Zabrielx

Zabrielx

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:48 AM

Ok. Thanks guys for the information. Was wondering what happened to the show.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users