Fahrar Cub

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 30 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[OOE]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:35 AM

We are trying to figure out how players on other servers work with guild upgrades. We are fairly new, a few months, are growing nicely, and have a few players who joined from other servers. We always thought that the guild upgrades were cover all in the guild. But, now a player said their influence scrolls did not apply, and another said they cannot use guild armorsmith. we are curious as to how this is setup. Do I need to guest on the servers to apply upgrades on each? DO I need to appoint reps on each server? How does this work? Thanks in advance! I couldn't find any answers on this in forums. BTW We are on TC if that helps at all.
Posted ImageVoltorsfury [OOE] Order of Explorers.

GM of [OOE] Order of Explorers on Tarnished Coast server.

For info, contact me on Voltorsfury.3791

http://ooexplorers.shivtr.com

#2 Captain Bulldozer

Captain Bulldozer

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SoDF]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:48 AM

Guild upgrades and influence are entirely server based.  The influence earned by any member on a different server will only be available to be used on that server. Even upgrades like storage will be server based.... meaning if you want to get extra storage for your guild, you'll have to earn and spend the influence for it on each individual server.  (this is absolutely awful design in my opinion, but there's been no hint that anet wants to change it as far as I'm aware).  In short, guilds work best (for most things anyway) when the members are on the same server in GW2.

#3 voltorsfury

voltorsfury

Fahrar Cub

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:04 AM

I was afraid of that, and I agree, not the best setup. Well, thanks for the reply. Would I be able to guest and upgrade the servers represented, or do I need a rep on them to do it?

#4 Captain Bulldozer

Captain Bulldozer

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SoDF]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:51 AM

It's worth double checking, but I'm pretty sure that when guesting you'll still be earning influence, etc. on your home server.

#5 voltorsfury

voltorsfury

Fahrar Cub

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:15 AM

I was just coming back to say just that. I tried, and only see my home server influence in upgrades. Made a new rank for upgrading off TC servers. Put one guildie in to test it, will see how it goes! Thanks for the help!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: guild, management, upgrade, server, transfer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users