• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Veji

Veji

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:26 PM

Sorry if this isn't in the right place and that i'm posting a topic, but i can't justify a 50-60 dollar chunk of software sitting on my PC doing nothing:

I played here about 6 months ago and had a blast with Warrior and some troubles with Mesmer and Engineer.  I have all 3 right around level 30-ish.  Things have changed, as class balancing is an every changing art of angering some and making others happy.

I'm looking to jump back in and continue where i left off, but the question i had when i started remains - whats the easiest class to solo with?

The reply "what is fun" doesn't apply here.  I think Necromancer is "fun", but when i'm getting pummeled into the ground by every other mob, that doesn't really appeal to me as "fun" anymore. lol

I'm an avid WoW player and will remain so, but there is no reason i can't play both and enjoy both, but i'm used to how the WoW combat works for solo player.  Granted, its a faceroll, but i'm the casual player who likes faceroll for soloing and complexity for group content and PvP.

So in the most honored words of John Malkovich, "Impress me" (and thank you for any and all feeback - its sincerely appreciated).

#2 xarallei

xarallei

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • Curse Premium
  • 1102 posts
  • Profession:Ranger
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:45 PM

Hmmm, I find leveling my necro to be very easy. Especially with a minion focused build. But if that's not enough then go ranger or stick with warrior. The ranger is super easy to level with. But if you had fun with the warrior you might as well continue playing it. Especially since it's still the best class in the game (though I don't know what the dec. 10 patch did for them. quite frankly even if they were nerfed they'd still be good). Keep in mind warriors are pretty highly valued. Especially for dungeons and things. Rangers....not so much. Even though I love my ranger dearly...

Edited by xarallei, 11 December 2013 - 06:48 PM.

#3 AsgarZigel

AsgarZigel

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:34 PM

Having problems with the Engineer or Mesmer is somewhat understandable, but Necromancer was very easy to play solo in my experience.
Either go for condition damage with staff + scepter/dagger and Blood is Power, Epidemic or a power build with Wells and Dagger/Warhorn or Focus. Signet of the Locust makes kiting easy and minions can help to draw aggro from you.
As long as you always keep moving and keep your gear up to level, you shouldn't have much of a problem apart from some poorly balanced areas (balance can be a bit wonky in the open world during leveling). You should be able to take down multiple enemies of your level usually.

#4 Veji

Veji

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:16 PM

Awesome feedback guys.  I really appreciate your time.  I want to give that Necromancer another try, since i enjoy the warlock class quite a bit.

#5 xarallei

xarallei

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • Curse Premium
  • 1102 posts
  • Profession:Ranger
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:06 PM

Yeah, my necro goes staff and scepter/dagger with signet of the locust and minions. That set has some cripples to slow enemies down when they do decide to go after you, but minions do grab aggro pretty decently. You can always change things up when you hit 80, but that works while leveling.

If you still find yourself having issues go ranger and put some points in beastmastery while leveling to buff up your pet a bit. Many people will run around with bears, but with some points in BM your cats are much less squishy and do way more damage than the bear. So I always preferred my cats when I was leveling my ranger. If you really want to stay ranged you can go Longbow/Shortbow. But I recommend getting used to melee and using at least one melee set. Greatsword or sword/warhorn. I prefer the latter because the sword has those evades and the ability to jump in and out of melee and warhorn is nice for extra speed. Greatsword has good defensive abilities though, like a daze/stun and a block.

Edited by xarallei, 12 December 2013 - 02:16 PM.

#6 Veji

Veji

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:02 AM

Ended up going back to my Mesmer and loving it.  Seems like they nerfed Warriors though.  I can now solo more effectively as a Mes and not so much as a Warrior.  I think finding that 0/10/0/10/0 leveling build, via the Necro forums worked.  Precision is godly in early levels.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users