DuskPhoenix

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts
  • Profession:Necromancer
  • Guild Tag:[FIST]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:16 PM

No theories or anything, but I would just like to bring to everyone's attention that there is an NPC in Kessex Hills who, when asked if she knows anything about Scarlet, answers in a very interesting way. Paraphrasing here, but what she basically tells us is that Scarlet made dealings with the Krait by persuading them with obelisk shards. In return, they planted a seed (where and what kind is not mentioned). She goes on to explain that the Nightmare Court then came around and cultivated it with no mention of directly working with the Krait. When the plant started to grow too large, they hid it away somewhere.

That's all she knows and the conversation ends after wards. Speculation on this is certainly intriguing. It seems to me that this is reminiscent of Ronan and Ventari in a sense, so Scarlet is possibly going to grow a second Pale Tree? idk it's a thought. Was wondering what the forum had to say.

If you want to go see Peneloopee for yourself, she's the Quaggan behind Majory's tent who is having a romantic talk with another recently befriended Quaggan.

Edited by DuskPhoenix, 12 December 2013 - 09:16 PM.

#2 Mr. Mango

Mr. Mango

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1470 posts
  • Guild Tag:[CV]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:01 AM

That was the obvious speculation back when the nightmare tower/tree was discovered. It's confirmed now that it was born of a seed and I don't see why it wouldn't be of the same cave that Ronan found the Pale Tree seed.

#3 draxynnic

draxynnic

Lorebug

• Moderators
  • 7631 posts
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:28 AM

I don't know - there are plenty of other places seeds can come from and most modern plants have seeds in their lifecycle somewhere. So there's no real reason to think it is from Ronan's cave rather than some other large seed except that both are large plants connected to the Sylvari that can birth planty creatures..

Okay, there is a significant similarity there, but we can't conclude at this point that the Tower was birthed from a Pale Tree seed or another seed from Ronan's cave. It's certainly possible, though, since Scarlet has a track record of finding obscure things.
Got any comments or queries about moderation in one of my spheres of responsibility? Make sure I get the message!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: discussion, peneloopee, scarlet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users