Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[KING]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:19 AM

hello everybody

idk where to post this thread but ok if its not on the right thing say where it goes and i wil repost
but idk what to take from this 2 (got the genesis now) but is that entropy does it got more aura then the genesis coz i dont see alot of stuff on it only the bright thing
so if you guys can give some advice about it =)

greatings from nathan

#2 konsta_hoptrop

konsta_hoptrop

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:25 AM

it's about your personal taste... Both hammers have nice skins. To be honest i prefer them instead of legendary hammer. They are much more common but legendary hammer look like a stick with a jar at the end. Not even big hammer head or cool effects. On the other hand entropy and genesis look big badass hammers with skulls and nice auras. Sadly hammers are weak in pve or not hte best option for dps

#3 RobinaTheFirst

RobinaTheFirst

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:12 AM

thats true

wel i think i wil stick with genesis liked it more for my guardian (holy light hammer)
i know its not the best option but for fractals its shines with its perm protection thing
only problem i got with it is the slowness of the AA last skil with guardian but yea i wil keep my genesis wont put effored to get the entropy =) wel thx for the advice

#4 Misty Six

Misty Six

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:22 AM

Legendary hammer looks like a ♥♥♥♥ing lamp post, the only thing nice is the chrome/reflection.

#5 RobinaTheFirst

RobinaTheFirst

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:06 PM

idk if i shell keep going with hammer guardian im stil poundering if its usfull in pve/dungeon fractals

#6 konsta_hoptrop

konsta_hoptrop

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:37 PM

there is hammer berserk guard build somewhere at that forum . I am currently using it and it's not bad. Spam autoattack for the 3d symbol aoe circle thats all :D with traits for longer and bigger symbols

#7 Epixors

Epixors

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 401 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[LSL]
  • Server:Seafarer’s Rest

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:39 PM

View Postkonsta_hoptrop, on 24 January 2014 - 12:37 PM, said:

there is hammer berserk guard build somewhere at that forum . I am currently using it and it's not bad. Spam autoattack for the 3d symbol aoe circle thats all :D with traits for longer and bigger symbols

No need to take the bigger symbol trait. Current builds are:

15/15/0/20/20 (Condi removal + reflects)
15/25/0/20/10 (Reflects + more DPS)
25/25/0/20/0 (moar DPS)

#8 RobinaTheFirst

RobinaTheFirst

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:41 PM

yea only thing i cant stand with hammer guardians is the slow AA but i see already its bye far the most superior weapon for fractals and such so i wil stick with it =)

#9 ZCKS

ZCKS

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1418 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TG]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:04 PM

View Postkonsta_hoptrop, on 24 January 2014 - 08:25 AM, said:

it's about your personal taste... Both hammers have nice skins. To be honest i prefer them instead of legendary hammer. They are much more common but legendary hammer look like a stick with a jar at the end. Not even big hammer head or cool effects. On the other hand entropy and genesis look big badass hammers with skulls and nice auras. Sadly hammers are weak in pve or not hte best option for dps

Genesis looks more guardian ish but it comes down to person preference.

And sadly your right hammer just tends to be brought for perma protection even though the vast majority of players hate how slow it feels.

Though at really high levels it tends to lose out vs other weapons because after 40+ the protection wont do you any good when the mobs hit for 30k+

View PostEpixors, on 24 January 2014 - 12:39 PM, said:

No need to take the bigger symbol trait. Current builds are:

15/15/0/20/20 (Condi removal + reflects)
15/25/0/20/10 (Reflects + more DPS)
25/25/0/20/0 (moar DPS)

Use the 25-25-0-20 a bit myself.
can still chain reflect quite easily if working well with friends & I figure if your going to hit that slow at least hit super hard.
Though I think that after the next patch that it may be worth putting more points into honor for the +10% damage while below max endurance. We will only have about half our current vigor regen after all.

Edited by ZCKS, 29 March 2014 - 09:06 PM.

#10 Epixors

Epixors

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 401 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LSL]
  • Server:Seafarer’s Rest

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:28 PM

View PostZCKS, on 29 March 2014 - 09:04 PM, said:

Genesis looks more guardian ish but it comes down to person preference.

And sadly your right hammer just tends to be brought for perma protection even though the vast majority of players hate how slow it feels.

Though at really high levels it tends to lose out vs other weapons because after 40+ the protection wont do you any good when the mobs hit for 30k+

Use the 25-25-0-20 a bit myself.
can still chain reflect quite easily if working well with friends & I figure if your going to hit that slow at least hit super hard.
Though I think that after the next patch that it may be worth putting more points into honor for the +10% damage while below max endurance. We will only have about half our current vigor regen after all.

So when mobs hit harder, mitigation isn't worth it anymore? Wut.

#11 ZCKS

ZCKS

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1418 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:45 AM

View PostEpixors, on 29 March 2014 - 11:28 PM, said:

So when mobs hit harder, mitigation isn't worth it anymore? Wut.

you misunderstand.

At a certain point the mobs will hit so hard that even with protection you will be one shot.

At that point fights rely on overwhelming DPS and keeping a mob otherwise unable to hit you (via chain reflects, immobilizes, cripples, chilled & kiting)
Once that occurs switch to another weapon, whatever that weapon may be Scepter, greatsword etc & make sure as hell you can dodge everything one time.

#12 guanlongwucaii

guanlongwucaii

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[LOO]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:58 AM

what mobs hit for 30k+ at fotm 40s that are not supposed to be aegis/reflected/dodged? I am no fotm expert but when I run 49s I don't get hit for that much

#13 Veji

Veji

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 11:19 AM

Entropy: Its cheaper in the TP and looks better.

#14 Obal

Obal

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:39 PM

View Postguanlongwucaii, on 30 March 2014 - 10:58 AM, said:

what mobs hit for 30k+ at fotm 40s that are not supposed to be aegis/reflected/dodged? I am no fotm expert but when I run 49s I don't get hit for that much

The Maw will hit this warrior for over 37k ;)

http://gw2buildcraft...5x.6c.6b.63.g|e

Edited by Obal, 31 March 2014 - 05:41 PM.

#15 guanlongwucaii

guanlongwucaii

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[LOO]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:30 AM

View PostObal, on 31 March 2014 - 05:39 PM, said:

The Maw will hit this warrior for over 37k ;)

http://gw2buildcraft...5x.6c.6b.63.g|e

can you actually tank that? the best I've seen is warrior tanking tequatl fishheads.

#16 ZCKS

ZCKS

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1418 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:30 AM

View Postguanlongwucaii, on 01 April 2014 - 04:30 AM, said:

can you actually tank that? the best I've seen is warrior tanking tequatl fishheads.

At that point the protection won't do you much good because even with it you will be hit for over 24k.

Granted that is a boss & regular mobs will hit for less.

Still though an extra AEGIS, reflect, dodge or even kiting will serve you much better because it prevents them from actually hitting you in the first place.

Kinda makes me sad about the upcoming changes to guardian honor line, vigor uptime being nerfed will hurt allot of guardians & mesmers, especially in high end fractals where dodge is the most reliable avoidance.

#17 Voxer

Voxer

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Fąp]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:27 PM

Back on topic... I like Entropy the best. It's the same hammer you use in the Cliffside Fractal. Looks awesome, and it's darker and purple. Love it. However I'm currently using Mjölnir on my Guardian.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users