• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ampalaea

ampalaea

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:21 AM

Hello all. After some time playing and farming I managed to buy the T3 Human Cultural armor for my guardian. I made a set of exotic Knight armor and transmuted the skin on it. Now I wanna make another set of armor (Cleric or Berserker) and I also want to have the cultural armor T3 on it but I don't wanna spend 120 gold again.

So what exactly the transmutation splitter does? From what I read in the tooltip it probably does what I want, but I want to be sure before I buy it :) 300 gems is around 25 gold now and I already have the crystals from chests and dailies..

So how does this work? Is the transmutation splitter gonna help me to what I wanna do?

ps. Sorry for bad English

#2 Tarug

Tarug

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[NP]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:36 PM

If you use the splitter you'll get an exotic knight armor piece and a rare armor with the cultural t3 skin, so probably that's what you had in mind alright. But financially speaking, it would make no sense to use the splitters: you would need 6 for the whole armor (1,650 gems; ~140 g), which would cost more than buying a new cultural set, and you would still need to spend transmutation crystals to put it on your new zerker/cleric armor.

My suggestion: use the transmutation crystals to place the cultural skin on your new zerker/cleric armor and just buy yourself a new exotic knight armor if you still want to have a second set.

#3 ampalaea

ampalaea

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:51 PM

Thanks a lot :) I thought that with one splitter you can remove the whole armor hehe...But in that case, yea..better pass the skin and craft a new armor..

#4 rusticgamer

rusticgamer

Knight of Ascalon

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[SOF]
  • Server:Piken Square

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:13 AM

Also if it's relevant I heard that it makes the skins and equipments account bound so you won't be able to TP your equipment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users