Finally a Necromancer guide, designed to actually do damage instead of pretending to do damage. The build is not really my own creation, but the video just serves to demonstrate the build and provide some footage of what it can do.
Before we get started
Necromancer doesn't really provide any useful utility that isn't offered in a better form by another class, so they don't really fit into legitimate speedclear compositions. I do enjoy playing it, though, and I guess it is something to save for a rainy day or for "just for fun" runs. The damage output is not bad, it's close to pretty much every class aside from Thief of Elementalist, but Necromancer really doesn't offer anything special. I suppose this is just the state of things.
- Dagger - Mainhand weapon in pretty much every situation. There aren't really any situations that call for ranged damage, probably the only one at this point being Grawl Shaman, so you'll primarily just autoattack with Dagger. Ignore the second and third Dagger ability.
- Warhorn - Try to avoid using this in trash runs and simply focus on using it for AoE damage in fights. You have a Daze with Warhorn 4.
- Focus - Very good for stacking up a lot of Vulnerability in a short amount of time, removing boons, or giving something Chill.
- Axe - ONLY IF YOU ARE USING THE DEATHSHROUD BUILD
- Berserker's Trinkets
- Berserker's Weapons
- Berserker's Armor
- Scholar Runes
- 10% Sigil on your Warhorn and Focus
- Sigil of Force on your Dagger
- 6 Spite. II, X, XII.
- 6 Curses. V, VII, VIII.
- 3 Soul Reaping. III.
- 6 Spite. VI, VIII, XII
- 2 Curses. V
- 6 Soul Reaping. II, VI, XII
- Consume Conditions
- Blood is Power
- Signet of Spite
- Well of Suffering
- Spectral Walk
- Spectral Grasp
- Plague Form
- Flesh Golem
- Flesh Wurm
- Curry Butternut Squash
- Sweet and Spicy Butternut Squash Soup
- Seaweed Salad or Asparagus and Sage Salad
- Orrian Truffle and Meat Stew
- Minotaur Steaks - If you are cheap like me.
Edited by BrazilTheHue, 28 January 2015 - 12:45 PM.