• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Fractal ascended armor and weapons.How do you want them to look?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 gopeone

gopeone

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:38 PM

What do think of get a Prototype Fractal thingamajig and upgrade it like a Prototype Fractal Capacitor ?
How do you want it to look?

Edited by gopeone, 04 March 2014 - 05:17 PM.

#2 rusticgamer

rusticgamer

Knight of Ascalon

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[SOF]
  • Server:Piken Square

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:16 PM

The same they are now... Really I think the skins are amazingly good looking... I don't like many sword skins for example but I really think that the fractal sword skin along with infinite light look even better than bolt imo.

The only thing that I would like to look a bit different is the fractal greatsword... Really I would really love it if they made it look a bit more sharp like a sword and not a butcher's knife...

#3 Brandon the Don

Brandon the Don

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 302 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[TH]
  • Server:Gunnar’s Hold

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:34 PM

Honestly, I like them as they are now...

They catch my eye, I exactly know where they come from and it shows some kind of progression a person has gone through... Sure, the Fractal Weapons are largly RNG, and you can get the backpack by doing Fractal levels 1-10 over and over (though it might take you a while), but it is imho just something refreshing :)

They also fit in with the theme of the fractals themselves... Something that is kind of needed with these high(er) level content rewards...
One thing I might change though is their tracks of mists they leave behind... Make them more prominent...

#4 Alex Dimitri

Alex Dimitri

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:03 PM

We dont need anoother craftable armor (please no) it makes me sick to my stomach when i just start thinkin about gw2 crafting.
On other note i`m still to get single fractal "skin" weapon, needless to say i`m not exactly nooby in that place.....which speaks volumes of RNG and droprates in Fractals.

How to make things better:
1.Up the damn droprates for Ascended gear (people have tone of alts, me personally 8) !
2.Make Fractal skins sellable, so lucky or hardworking peeps there can make some gold (and provide unlucky with chance to have skin they want) !
3.Lower the ridiculous amount of items needed (T6 & Ectos) for makin Ascended backpacks (i feel cheated everytime i make one for my alt) !

#5 Kitanul

Kitanul

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:18 PM

View PostAlex Dimitri, on 04 March 2014 - 05:03 PM, said:

We dont need anoother craftable armor (please no) it makes me sick to my stomach when i just start thinkin about gw2 crafting.
On other note i`m still to get single fractal "skin" weapon, needless to say i`m not exactly nooby in that place.....which speaks volumes of RNG and droprates in Fractals.

How to make things better:
1.Up the damn droprates for Ascended gear (people have tone of alts, me personally 8) !
2.Make Fractal skins sellable, so lucky or hardworking peeps there can make some gold (and provide unlucky with chance to have skin they want) !
3.Lower the ridiculous amount of items needed (T6 & Ectos) for makin Ascended backpacks (i feel cheated everytime i make one for my alt) !
I have better idea, make every ascended crap free, just click and receive it by mail.

To go with the topic, i want em to look the same way fractal weapon skin are atm.

#6 gopeone

gopeone

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:17 AM

a really positive start.

#7 Satenia

Satenia

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[CULT]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:30 AM

Personally, I'm loving the fractal weapon looks and wish there was a more reliable way of obtaining them other than RNG - like being trade-able or a token-based system. Back when I played fractals a lot, I always did so with my warrior, yet I never actually managed to get a fractal weapon drop I could have used on that character. Instead, all the drops went to my guardian which I never even played there. Duh!

The fractal backpiece looks ok, I'm using a fully upgraded one on my warr cause it happens to match the rest of the armor well enough. However, I would just transmute it on most other toons as there is a whole arsenal of far better looking alternatives.

Generally speaking, I find that all fractal-related ascended gear looks a lot better than what has recently been added through crafting-only.

#8 Nikephoros

Nikephoros

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DnT]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:34 PM

I would love a fractal themed armorset.  Based on how rad the weapons are it is easy to envision an armor set with the distinctive gray and blue color with floating bits around it.  The heavy set especially is easy to imagine as a series of plate segments connected by the bliue fractal energy.  The light armor could resemble the Phoenix set with the floating bits, more energy based.  Medium armor could be a halfway point between energy and plates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users