Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Account wide agony resistance and a mission with it.


  • Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 gopeone

gopeone

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:11 PM

Recently a person on CDI-Fractal Evolution named Esya.3427 posted the  idea of Account wide agony resistance.

The response from Chris Whiteside :I will discuss this proposal with Izzy and have him respond. Chris

Some people commented about it on guru liking it and even say it should come with a mission.

What do you think of  Account wide agony resistance and a mission with it?

Link to the post : https://forum-en.gui...hiteside-6102/2

The Post

Esya.3427:

I already posted this in the dungeon forum yesterday, as I was unaware of a fractal CDI coming up. I am sorry for the double post, but I feel it is best to have this suggestion here as well for completeness.
Proposal overview
Make agony resistance (AR) account wide.

Goal of Proposal
Fractals become much more repeatable/replayable if we can bring any character. It makes it a different experience. The fractal levels are account wide, but I find myself bringing the same character because she is the only one who is equiped with AR.

Proposal Functionality
Similar to the change that was made for magic find in the past, where it was removed from the gear and made account wide, the same could be done for AR.

Associated Risks
- People who already build up their AR should have this transferred to their account somehow in order to not lose progress.
- Balancing the acquirement of AR.
- Balancing power creep from infusion slots that can now slot other attributes.


I will discuss this proposal with Izzy and have him respond.
Chris

Edited by gopeone, 14 March 2014 - 09:54 AM.


#2 Exo Dyo

Exo Dyo

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 108 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[BOO]
  • Server:Seafarer’s Rest

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:57 PM

I don't like it. It will make infusions completely unnecessary in my opinion. What about the people who worked on their ascended stuff?

#3 Gyre

Gyre

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 148 posts
  • Location:The Painted World of Ariamis

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:13 AM

An account wide agony resistance stat completely reverses the need for ever making the ascended gear tier.  That they would even contemplate this for a split second as a topic for discussion blows my mind.

#4 Azure Skye

Azure Skye

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2099 posts
  • Location:(づ。*◕__◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧・。*。✧ Magic!
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[CUTE]
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:03 AM

View Postgopeone, on 12 March 2014 - 10:11 PM, said:

Recently a person on CDI-Fractal Evolution named Esya.3427 posted the  idea of Account wide agony resistance(like Magic Find i think).

The response from Chris Whiteside :I will discuss this proposal with Izzy and have him respond. Chris

Some people commented about it on guru liking it and even say it should come with a mission.

What do you think of  Account wide agony resistance and a mission with it?

Link to the post : https://forum-en.gui...hiteside-6102/2
there we go something to let people what you're talking about. :)

Quote

Esya.3427:



I already posted this in the dungeon forum yesterday, as I was unaware of a fractal CDI coming up. I am sorry for the double post, but I feel it is best to have this suggestion here as well for completeness.

Proposal overview
Make agony resistance (AR) account wide.

Goal of Proposal
Fractals become much more repeatable/replayable if we can bring any character. It makes it a different experience. The fractal levels are account wide, but I find myself bringing the same character because she is the only one who is equiped with AR.

Proposal Functionality
Similar to the change that was made for magic find in the past, where it was removed from the gear and made account wide, the same could be done for AR.

Associated Risks
- People who already build up their AR should have this transferred to their account somehow in order to not lose progress.
- Balancing the acquirement of AR.
- Balancing power creep from infusion slots that can now slot other attributes.


I will discuss this proposal with Izzy and have him respond.

Chris
Source: https://forum-en.gui...e/6#post3687308

#5 gopeone

gopeone

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:04 AM

View PostAzure Skye, on 13 March 2014 - 07:03 AM, said:

there we go something to let people what you're talking about. :)


Source: https://forum-en.gui...e/6#post3687308
Thank you and sorry.

Edited by gopeone, 13 March 2014 - 07:39 AM.


#6 raspberry jam

raspberry jam

    Vigil Crusader

  • Members
  • 4794 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:19 AM

View PostExo Dyo, on 12 March 2014 - 10:57 PM, said:

I don't like it. It will make infusions completely unnecessary in my opinion. What about the people who worked on their ascended stuff?
♥♥♥♥ them. Well, us. Why would we be guaranteed to be better than others just because we got all our armor infused? That's some feeling of entitlement right there. Let everyone in!

#7 Brandon the Don

Brandon the Don

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 298 posts
  • Location:Somewhere
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[TH]
  • Server:Gunnar’s Hold

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:05 AM

View Postraspberry jam, on 13 March 2014 - 08:19 AM, said:

♥♥♥♥ them. Well, us. Why would we be guaranteed to be better than others just because we got all our armor infused? That's some feeling of entitlement right there. Let everyone in!

Woa there... it is not an issue of "feeling better", it is an issue of people having spent over 150g to get their armourcrafting up and an additional 300g for the set...

#8 raspberry jam

raspberry jam

    Vigil Crusader

  • Members
  • 4794 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:15 AM

View PostBrandon the Don, on 13 March 2014 - 09:05 AM, said:

Woa there... it is not an issue of "feeling better", it is an issue of people having spent over 150g to get their armourcrafting up and an additional 300g for the set...
Yeah but so what? The gameplay improvement for lots and lots of players that would result from this suggestion by far outweigh the time that after all rather few players sunk into this.

Edited by raspberry jam, 13 March 2014 - 09:16 AM.


#9 Beyond Freedom

Beyond Freedom

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 247 posts
  • Location:In your dreams.
  • Profession:Thief

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:21 AM

View PostBrandon the Don, on 13 March 2014 - 09:05 AM, said:

Woa there... it is not an issue of "feeling better", it is an issue of people having spent over 150g to get their armourcrafting up and an additional 300g for the set...

I'm sure they would give you a free charr plushy.

#10 master21

master21

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:59 AM

View Postraspberry jam, on 13 March 2014 - 09:15 AM, said:

Yeah but so what? The gameplay improvement for lots and lots of players that would result from this suggestion by far outweigh the time that after all rather few players sunk into this.

I'm not that sure it's a gameplay improvement.
First it must change infusion, to either delete those slots or change to give stats.
Second what with infused ascended items? I don't care really about those 250 ecto etc but it was quite expensive upgrade and should give "something".

Probably asking how this account bound agony res should look like is too much, agony as flask, consumable, some tier achievments?

Fotm is for now account bound content. You really do it once per day, at max once per tier per day. Asking for account bound AR here is like asking for account bound ascended gear for arah.
It also does not help new players to jump in to fotm at all. It's just a change for those who are too lazy to gear up another toon for fractal.

#11 Baron von Scrufflebutt

Baron von Scrufflebutt

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 3265 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:00 AM

View PostBrandon the Don, on 13 March 2014 - 09:05 AM, said:

Woa there... it is not an issue of "feeling better", it is an issue of people having spent over 150g to get their armourcrafting up and an additional 300g for the set...

And what is going to happen once A.Net raises the level and gear to 100?


As I said before, I think A.Net needs to not only decide on what they want the endgame to be, but, more importantly, communicate that decision with the player base: I think that if they will introduce more VP, then account-wide AR makes sense. But, if instead they will stick with lvl 80, ascended gear for the next 5 years, then character-bound AR makes sense.
This game will need progression, and A.Net needs to decide how they will implement it. If for no other reason, just so that we stop getting 3 million completely contradicting suggestions every week.

#12 raspberry jam

raspberry jam

    Vigil Crusader

  • Members
  • 4794 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:07 AM

View Postmaster21, on 13 March 2014 - 09:59 AM, said:

I'm not that sure it's a gameplay improvement.
First it must change infusion, to either delete those slots or change to give stats.
Second what with infused ascended items? I don't care really about those 250 ecto etc but it was quite expensive upgrade and should give "something".

Probably asking how this account bound agony res should look like is too much, agony as flask, consumable, some tier achievments?

Fotm is for now account bound content. You really do it once per day, at max once per tier per day. Asking for account bound AR here is like asking for account bound ascended gear for arah.
It also does not help new players to jump in to fotm at all. It's just a change for those who are too lazy to gear up another toon for fractal.
More feelings of entitlement. I have several characters with full ascended and infused armor, I have spent oodles of time on getting to this point, and I still have no problems whatsoever with this suggestion.

You still have everything you had before. The difference is that other people have it too. Does that diminish you?

#13 Beyond Freedom

Beyond Freedom

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 247 posts
  • Location:In your dreams.
  • Profession:Thief

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:13 AM

View Postmaster21, on 13 March 2014 - 09:59 AM, said:

Asking for account bound AR here is like asking for account bound ascended gear for arah.

What's wrong with that?

#14 master21

master21

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:35 AM

View Postraspberry jam, on 13 March 2014 - 10:07 AM, said:

More feelings of entitlement. I have several characters with full ascended and infused armor, I have spent oodles of time on getting to this point, and I still have no problems whatsoever with this suggestion.

You still have everything you had before. The difference is that other people have it too. Does that diminish you?

Ok, aside from problems like what to do with infused things I get the general idea.
But still it does not change anything.
Ppl which has several geared for fractals toons will feel that they hard work/time/gold was wasted.
Ppl which does not have AR or has low, still will have low AR.
Ppl which geared one toon will be happy because they can now use another toon. They also "finished" the game and can laugh at those elite jerks which spend way more gold and times then them.
From time to time they can for laugh play with different toon, you know some hipster like necro run or whatever.

View PostBeyond Freedom, on 13 March 2014 - 10:13 AM, said:

What's wrong with that?

Nothing aside from:
1. changing rules in middle of a game.
2. Braking the feel of progression for some players
3. Making some ppl feel that they effort to gear up is wasted.

#15 Brandon the Don

Brandon the Don

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 298 posts
  • Location:Somewhere
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[TH]
  • Server:Gunnar’s Hold

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:41 AM

View Postraspberry jam, on 13 March 2014 - 09:15 AM, said:

Yeah but so what? The gameplay improvement for lots and lots of players that would result from this suggestion by far outweigh the time that after all rather few players sunk into this.

Is it an improvement that people would just randomly zerg through fractals though? Wasn't the whole point of AR some kind of border to stop people burning through content so that they would complain that "there is nothing to do"?

A reason why I would favour this is because I had to cut the rope at one point at decide on which of my 8 alts I wanted to get ascended gear (and mind you, still haven't  got to the point), because I wanted to do Fractals 50 badly... Then instead I could just hop on either of my characters...
However, the harm is done already... Ascended Items bound to AR have been a mistake since these specific items are as alt unfriendly as one could imagine... Reverting the system to an account bound AR system would (likely) piss off the majority of the people who did max out everything for this one goal already; because in the end it has been a lot of time put into it, something you might've experienced yourself...

What I would not mind myself if account bound AR starts building up at a specific level, say after completing 50 with at least one character... That would've mean that the ones who have been working their asses off to play this content have not been doing this in vain... You'd still have to work your way up there - which imho is not a bad system per se...
Granted, if they want to introduce more fractal levels, they should indeed rework the way AR now works, since by the looks of it now, it is completely tied to gear progression (for one character), which it shouldn't be imho since gear does not equal ones skill level (oh boy, such an elitist quote)...

View Postmaster21, on 13 March 2014 - 10:35 AM, said:

Nothing aside from:
1. changing rules in middle of a game.
2. Braking the feel of progression for some players
3. Making some ppl feel that they effort to gear up is wasted.

With the current rework of Arah P2 (where you now have to have 2 mesmers to make it somewhat possible to do), I don't see how it is not in the game already.... That is, unless they "fixed" Alphard again, since I haven't done that since Januari

Edited by Brandon the Don, 13 March 2014 - 10:43 AM.


#16 raspberry jam

raspberry jam

    Vigil Crusader

  • Members
  • 4794 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:00 AM

View Postmaster21, on 13 March 2014 - 10:35 AM, said:

Ok, aside from problems like what to do with infused things I get the general idea.
But still it does not change anything.
Ppl which has several geared for fractals toons will feel that they hard work/time/gold was wasted.
Ppl which does not have AR or has low, still will have low AR.
Ppl which geared one toon will be happy because they can now use another toon. They also "finished" the game and can laugh at those elite jerks which spend way more gold and times then them.
From time to time they can for laugh play with different toon, you know some hipster like necro run or whatever.

Nothing aside from:
1. changing rules in middle of a game.
2. Braking the feel of progression for some players
3. Making some ppl feel that they effort to gear up is wasted.
The bolded part is the only thing that really matters. People will be happy. The rest is just people feeling entitled because they happen to have spent time at something. Do you like the game? If yes, then you already got your reward because you got to play all those hours in a game you like. If you didn't like it, then it's your fault for doing something that you don't like doing.
So again I ask. Why do you have a problem with people being happy?

View PostBrandon the Don, on 13 March 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:

Is it an improvement that people would just randomly zerg through fractals though? Wasn't the whole point of AR some kind of border to stop people burning through content so that they would complain that "there is nothing to do"?

A reason why I would favour this is because I had to cut the rope at one point at decide on which of my 8 alts I wanted to get ascended gear (and mind you, still haven't  got to the point), because I wanted to do Fractals 50 badly... Then instead I could just hop on either of my characters...
However, the harm is done already... Ascended Items bound to AR have been a mistake since these specific items are as alt unfriendly as one could imagine... Reverting the system to an account bound AR system would (likely) piss off the majority of the people who did max out everything for this one goal already; because in the end it has been a lot of time put into it, something you might've experienced yourself...

What I would not mind myself if account bound AR starts building up at a specific level, say after completing 50 with at least one character... That would've mean that the ones who have been working their asses off to play this content have not been doing this in vain... You'd still have to work your way up there - which imho is not a bad system per se...
Granted, if they want to introduce more fractal levels, they should indeed rework the way AR now works, since by the looks of it now, it is completely tied to gear progression (for one character), which it shouldn't be imho since gear does not equal ones skill level (oh boy, such an elitist quote)...
I don't see how this would make people "randomly zerg through Fractals", nor do I see the value in forcing people to beat levels that they already have beaten on other characters.

Why would it matter that people spent time on it or not? It's an awesome thing that people don't need to waste all that time. I did and i surely feel that it would be a good thing if others didn't need to do it. As you say, you still need to work your way up there, so this is not a suggestion of letting in any sort of riffraff; the normal unwashed street masses would still not be allowed to dirty our marble floors.

#17 Cube

Cube

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 564 posts
  • Location:A Web of Lies
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Server:Ring of Fire

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:07 AM

View Postmaster21, on 13 March 2014 - 09:59 AM, said:

I'm not that sure it's a gameplay improvement.
First it must change infusion, to either delete those slots or change to give stats.
Second what with infused ascended items? I don't care really about those 250 ecto etc but it was quite expensive upgrade and should give "something".

Probably asking how this account bound agony res should look like is too much, agony as flask, consumable, some tier achievments?

Fotm is for now account bound content. You really do it once per day, at max once per tier per day. Asking for account bound AR here is like asking for account bound ascended gear for arah.
It also does not help new players to jump in to fotm at all. It's just a change for those who are too lazy to gear up another toon for fractal.

You talk as if you do not have anything, you DO have something. You have a skin with stats that are better than exotic. That is something. Yeah, it is a waste, which is why I personally didn't even make any of the gear. I can't feel with you because you and others like you still have something, you should be used to crappy rewards by now.

#18 master21

master21

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:15 AM

View PostCube, on 13 March 2014 - 11:07 AM, said:

You talk as if you do not have anything, you DO have something. You have a skin with stats that are better than exotic. That is something. Yeah, it is a waste, which is why I personally didn't even make any of the gear. I can't feel with you because you and others like you still have something, you should be used to crappy rewards by now.

I'm not talking about ascended gear, I'm talking about infused ascended gear. This does not change skin,etc, this only adds infusion slot to the back item.

View Postraspberry jam, on 13 March 2014 - 11:00 AM, said:

Why do you have a problem with people being happy?

Because this change will make some ppl, probably the same amount of ppl, mad.
You can talk about "ideal" world all day but it does not change how ppl react to those things.

Decision should be balanced between positive and negatives results not just "if it make at least one person happy we should do it".

We should give whole Ukraine to Russia because it will make Putin happy. Great idea, really.

Edited by master21, 13 March 2014 - 11:25 AM.


#19 raspberry jam

raspberry jam

    Vigil Crusader

  • Members
  • 4794 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:17 AM

View Postmaster21, on 13 March 2014 - 11:15 AM, said:

I'm not talking about ascended gear, I'm talking about infused ascended gear. This does not change skin,etc, this only adds infusion slot to the back item.
But ascended items with infusions is still better than exotic gear plus AR. Especially if you used those more cool infusions.

#20 master21

master21

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:30 AM

View Postraspberry jam, on 13 March 2014 - 11:17 AM, said:

But ascended items with infusions is still better than exotic gear plus AR. Especially if you used those more cool infusions.

Wut?
Another person which does not know what ascended (infused) is?

#21 Brandon the Don

Brandon the Don

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 298 posts
  • Location:Somewhere
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[TH]
  • Server:Gunnar’s Hold

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:38 AM

View Postraspberry jam, on 13 March 2014 - 11:00 AM, said:

I don't see how this would make people "randomly zerg through Fractals", nor do I see the value in forcing people to beat levels that they already have beaten on other characters.

Why would it matter that people spent time on it or not? It's an awesome thing that people don't need to waste all that time. I did and i surely feel that it would be a good thing if others didn't need to do it. As you say, you still need to work your way up there, so this is not a suggestion of letting in any sort of riffraff; the normal unwashed street masses would still not be allowed to dirty our marble floors.

Fractal levels are already account bound, so there is no issue there... What I meant with zerging through fractals, was that they got to the point of say 50 in like a month or so whilst playing "casually"... I see a lot of comments on both the Guru as the main forums where people complain about "having nothing to do", and to me Fractals kind of fixed this (not really), since you had to actually progress your character in gear...
Granted, the way ascended gear and AR are tied are to me a big mistake... AR is tied to fractals and Ascended gear is simply not; Fractals do not award you with the items needed for ascended crafting, so there is actually no incentive to play fractals to get said gear if you already have the relics to infuse everything (which can be get easily imho)... Heck, I get more dragonite ore from doing PvP then I would get anywhere else in the GW2 universe...

The time spent on ascended gear might not be an issue to you, but to some people, in me as well for just a bit, it would... I would feel as if I wasted my time and money if they suddenly decide that you do not need ascended gear per se to do higher end fractals... That does not mean I would be annoyed if others do not have to follow this track because I am quite against the way AR works now... It is just personal... I am socially aware enough to grant people an "easier" route, but at the same time would I feel a bit annoyed by the game considering my current position in the game -  of course, all leading back to the badly implented design of AR being tied to Ascended Gear...

#22 Desild

Desild

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 985 posts
  • Location:New Eden
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[DKAL]
  • Server:Piken Square

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:16 PM

While I'm usually the first one to board the contrarian train, in what sort of way is Agony Resistance broken that it calls for a Magic Find treatment? Sure it's a scrappy stat, but at least it's not an obtrusive scrappy stat. When they start inclunding content patches designed for people with AR, then yes, we can complain.

View PostBrandon the Don, on 13 March 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:

With the current rework of Arah P2 (where you now have to have 2 mesmers to make it somewhat possible to do), I don't see how it is not in the game already.... That is, unless they "fixed" Alphard again, since I haven't done that since Januari

To be quite honest, both my friends did Alphard with me the other day, and they even duoed Arah 2 at some point. Fair enough, they are gods walking among mere mortals, but neither of them is a Mesmer.

But I get what your saying. Heck, Mazinger was trying to make that same point with the Living Story in the "Are we equal?" thread, and people were downplaying its relevance.

#23 Brandon the Don

Brandon the Don

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 298 posts
  • Location:Somewhere
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[TH]
  • Server:Gunnar’s Hold

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:28 PM

View PostDesild, on 13 March 2014 - 12:16 PM, said:

To be quite honest, both my friends did Alphard with me the other day, and they even duoed Arah 2 at some point. Fair enough, they are gods walking among mere mortals, but neither of them is a Mesmer.

But I get what your saying. Heck, Mazinger was trying to make that same point with the Living Story in the "Are we equal?" thread, and people were downplaying its relevance.

Yea true, you can do it with some more classes, as I have seen people solo-ing it even, I do not say it is impossible... Sadly though, for a game that wanted to promote that it wouldn't be an issue as to what class you play, I find myself to be extremely useless whenever I am not playing a guardian or mesmer at Alphard since you are and will get blown to bits...
I mean in a party, there should be no actual need for a specific class mechanic to make it doable - the sheer fact that reflects are  the way to play against Alphard (in a team perspective) makes me simply never want to do the content anymore... It is really disgusting and to the point; yes it did change the rule midgame since Alphard did not use to have this idiotic mechanic....

#24 Mordakai

Mordakai

    Mordakai7

  • Community Contributors
  • 8117 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GSCH]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:56 PM

View PostGyre, on 13 March 2014 - 06:13 AM, said:

An account wide agony resistance stat completely reverses the need for ever making the ascended gear tier.  That they would even contemplate this for a split second as a topic for discussion blows my mind.

I am always SHOCKED  when Anet changes their mind. /sarcasm

Ascended gear is an affront in the first place.  The idea they are now rethinking it is a GOOD thing.




#25 raspberry jam

raspberry jam

    Vigil Crusader

  • Members
  • 4794 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:58 PM

View PostBrandon the Don, on 13 March 2014 - 11:38 AM, said:

Fractal levels are already account bound, so there is no issue there... What I meant with zerging through fractals, was that they got to the point of say 50 in like a month or so whilst playing "casually"... I see a lot of comments on both the Guru as the main forums where people complain about "having nothing to do", and to me Fractals kind of fixed this (not really), since you had to actually progress your character in gear...
Granted, the way ascended gear and AR are tied are to me a big mistake... AR is tied to fractals and Ascended gear is simply not; Fractals do not award you with the items needed for ascended crafting, so there is actually no incentive to play fractals to get said gear if you already have the relics to infuse everything (which can be get easily imho)... Heck, I get more dragonite ore from doing PvP then I would get anywhere else in the GW2 universe...

The time spent on ascended gear might not be an issue to you, but to some people, in me as well for just a bit, it would... I would feel as if I wasted my time and money if they suddenly decide that you do not need ascended gear per se to do higher end fractals... That does not mean I would be annoyed if others do not have to follow this track because I am quite against the way AR works now... It is just personal... I am socially aware enough to grant people an "easier" route, but at the same time would I feel a bit annoyed by the game considering my current position in the game -  of course, all leading back to the badly implented design of AR being tied to Ascended Gear...
Fractal levels might be accound bound but if you go in with a guy without AR on high level you're gonna die, so it doesn't really matter. This suggestion would make Fractal levels actually account-bound.

Anyway you say that you would have a problem because you no longer would need to spend time in order to spend time. You could just jump directly to the spending time part instead.
Dude what? Do you even know how this sounds?

View Postmaster21, on 13 March 2014 - 11:30 AM, said:

Wut?
Another person which does not know what ascended (infused) is?
Are you serious?

http://wiki.guildwar...nsive_infusions
http://wiki.guildwar...ility_infusions

Exotic gear would not get all this super nice stats. It would still be exotic. Just with AR.

Edited by raspberry jam, 13 March 2014 - 01:59 PM.


#26 master21

master21

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:05 PM

View Postraspberry jam, on 13 March 2014 - 01:58 PM, said:

Are you serious?

http://wiki.guildwar...nsive_infusions
http://wiki.guildwar...ility_infusions

Exotic gear would not get all this super nice stats. It would still be exotic. Just with AR.

Can I repeat your question?

I'm talking about ascended (infused) items with agony infusion slot. Back slot items and rings.
You need to pay 250 ecto to get this slot, or some transmuting to get this on rings.
You are talking about basic infusions slots.

So how you want to "balance" spending 250 ecto to get slot for AR in terms of having account bound AR?

#27 raspberry jam

raspberry jam

    Vigil Crusader

  • Members
  • 4794 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:10 PM

View Postmaster21, on 13 March 2014 - 02:05 PM, said:

Can I repeat your question?
Yes, you can repeat my question.

So basically you are talking about time spent? The way to "balance" spending 250 ecto, or rather the time needed to get those 250 ecto, is to simply ignore it and make AR account-bound. Where do you get it from that just because you spent 250 ectos on something, that thing would not be given out for free the next day? Serious question.

#28 Kratimas

Kratimas

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:15 PM

I love this idea. If they do something like the account bound luck.

Maybe they could add a new rare drop in fotm that you would consume to add to your AR total, or allow us to salvage all those ascended rings we get from end rewards that we will never use to get this consumable as well.

So at least the new players would have to still do the low level fractals 1-9 as they build up there AR and learn the mechanics for each instance as they progress.

#29 Beyond Freedom

Beyond Freedom

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 247 posts
  • Location:In your dreams.
  • Profession:Thief

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:26 PM

View Postmaster21, on 13 March 2014 - 10:35 AM, said:

Nothing aside from:
1. changing rules in middle of a game.
2. Braking the feel of progression for some players
3. Making some ppl feel that they effort to gear up is wasted.

Nothing new then.

http://www.thenoobco...dex.php?pos=442

#30 master21

master21

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:35 PM

View Postraspberry jam, on 13 March 2014 - 02:10 PM, said:

Yes, you can repeat my question.

So basically you are talking about time spent? The way to "balance" spending 250 ecto, or rather the time needed to get those 250 ecto, is to simply ignore it and make AR account-bound. Where do you get it from that just because you spent 250 ectos on something, that thing would not be given out for free the next day? Serious question.

My time has quite huge value and I hate when I waste it on something.
I spend those 250 ecto long time ago to have +5 more resitance. In those times sources for AR was limited and this +5 make agony some tier (I don't remember which, 30 or 40) deal only 1% damage.
It was worth.
After some patch build in +5 res was changed into special slot for even more AR. Good change I like it. It's worth even more now.
Now you want to just plain delete this because you think it's better? Why you want to delete my progress?

Maybe whole progress is useless? Maybe give everyone everything just that. You want legendary item, click here and take one, you want to win the game, bush the button and win, you want to kick ass of this guy, type some /kill command and done.

I'm not talking about market and how gold works in this game. Rule was simple. Spend some resources to upgrade your back pack. Upgraded back give you better bonuses.
Now you want to change rules and make this recipe useless. Spend resources to get nothing.

Yes this change would make me angry. It's plain stupid. As hell.

I can live with account bound AR even if it makes lazy jerks feel "more elite" and happy.  Only them. I can live with it.
But I hate removing my progress. Hate it.
You should also know that hate is more powerfull then "happy".

It's the same type of change like let's say collectors edition. Normal is 50$, collectors with some bonuses is 70$. Both in digital versions without any real life things.
After a week when game is running developers has great idea.
Lets change every normal version to collectors versions. Everybody will be happy, they get more stuff, great change, bravo.

Problem is those who got collectors just wasted 20$ because some idiotic developer just lied. They are mad, they are really pissed off.

But you think that they shoudn't. They should be happy that now everyone has the same bonuses.


My feeling with making by upgraded back slot item is the same as in this example. I wasted my resources to get nothing.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users