4 replies to this topic

#1 Rizen

Rizen

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:21 PM

Hello everyone!
My main character is a thief, so I'm used to the mobility and heavy dps (I run a back stab thief or a glass cannon for the fun)

So I levelled my Mesmer to 80 only a few days ago and I've been experimenting with various builds. I've done a lot of PvP with my Mesmer and I've come to love the staff and it's defensive, condition-stacking and generous boon-deliciousness. On the journey to find the perfect build for me, I stumbled upon a hybrid build (20/25/0/0/25)by I am One I am Legion where he combines the effects of confusion with the zerker stats. It's a very interesting build but needs tweeking on my side. I also found another interesting and commonly used build 0/25/25/0/20. After experimenting, i found that divinity runes are a good combination with this build (Please correct me if I'm wrong). Along side the runes, accessories are very essential too. I tried both full Rabid (for condition damage) or full zerker for the extra DPS.

I am mostly running within WvW if not raiding dungeons for gold or getting my map exploration done. I'm looking for a non-squishy mesmer that can deal some decent damage especially within zergs or small raiding parties. I tend to always have 2 phantasms out, Duelist and Warlock, dodge a lot, frenzy and skill 3 for immobilize and that extra mobilty.

I'd appreciate it if I could get some advice on the trinkets I should use, maybe even utilties as I tend to use the more survivability utilities like stealth, blink and null field(Alternating between Portal ,for that golem mobility, and Veil ,for engaging with my party.

Thanks a lot.

#2 Nikephoros

Nikephoros

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1156 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DnT]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:27 PM

A few comments, first general and then specific.

I am One I am Legion is a bad player who doesn't understand the game and doesn't make good builds. I am not being mean, and I am not trolling, and I am not trying to be controversial. This is simply a a basic fact. So, in general, basing a build off of anything he has to say is a notoriously bad idea.

Specifically, condition damage is terrible in pve, especially confusion, but good in WvW. My advice is that a berserker mesmer is optimal for pve and also quite useful for wvw whereas a condition damage mesmer in pve is a joke but useful in wvw. Based on trying to get the most mileage out of one gear set, you should pick berserker.

Lastly, you say you want "non-squishy" and "decent DPS." Memser is the most survivable class in full berserker gear in the game, thanks to many evades, vigor on crit, medium health pool base and distortion. Even a full glass cannon mesmer can stand in melee against the biggest hits with ease. I would try to dissuade you from putting any defensive gear on your mesmer as a result since those stats will tend to be a waste.

The best mesmer build for PVE is 0/30/0/25/15 with full berserker and scholar runes. You should consider that your "base" and deviate from that as much as you're willing to make concessions for WvW knowing it will make you worse in pve.

#3 ZCKS

ZCKS

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1429 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TG]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:13 PM

First off I would say wait till after the patch has come and the theory crafters have decided what is the new meta before you commit to anything gear wise.

That being said I have been using http://gw2skills.net...BjIq2hAjMA zB-e
for WvW on my mesmer for a while and it works great.

#4 Alexei Hart

Alexei Hart

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[LONG]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:04 AM

Considering I play mesmer at least 90% of the time, particularly in WvW, I had no problem investing in two sets of equipment and retraiting when I feel like playing one of the more entertaining condi builds that our profession provides for. Since retraiting becomes free tomorrow, go ahead and make both sets and play whichever you feel like. But don't do hybrid builds, and don't start at one build and then make concessions toward the other, as you'll only be slowing yourself down.

As an alternative to scholar runes, you might also want to look at traveler runes, as we still haven't got any lengthy swiftness skills.

#5 nToxiK

nToxiK

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:02 PM

This is the PvE forum so 100% Zerker (100% Assassins is also an option).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mesmer, condition build, staff, sword/pistol, s/p, divinity runes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users