• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

World Events : Where are Commissar, Foulbear and Fire Shaman in the rotation ?

world events foulbear commissar fire shaman

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 swordmagic

swordmagic

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[OTA]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:58 AM

Prior to the feature patch i used to run all the world events using the gw2stuff timer.

The feature patch introduced a fixed spawn time for most world events, however they forgot about the above mentioned 3 world events.

Does anybody know why these 3 are not included in the rotation ?

Kinda miss the old system, the fixed spawn times doesn't suit me very well, feels more like a chore now.

Edited by swordmagic, 23 April 2014 - 10:59 AM.

#2 WWJasonD

WWJasonD

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • Profession:Thief
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:26 PM

I believe that bosses are only being synched on megaservers.  If they are on any of those maps (I don't know where they are), it could be a bug.

#3 swordmagic

swordmagic

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[OTA]

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:25 AM

Nope, All world bosses are being synced.
Jormag etc are not in a megaserver (yet), but they pop up on the exact sime time in every server.

But thats not my question.

In the rotation Arenanet posted they include all worldbosses (even Taidha Covington which wasnt being done very frequently prior to the patch) except Foulbear, Fire Shaman and the Dredge Commissar.
They just don't show up in the rotation but i think they can still be done.

Foulbear isn't forgotten by Arenanet, u need to kill him for one of the new traits (i believe its a engineer trait).
But in the current worldboss schedule these 3 don't come up and i kinda miss them.
Besides that i completely dislike the idea of having a scheduled worldboss rotation.
Some bosses i won't do anymore because they are beyond my playschedule.
I liked the old system a lot more than these fixed times.

Edited by swordmagic, 24 April 2014 - 06:27 AM.

#4 Hirsty

Hirsty

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1190 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:44 AM

View Postswordmagic, on 24 April 2014 - 06:25 AM, said:

Nope, All world bosses are being synced.
Jormag etc are not in a megaserver (yet), but they pop up on the exact sime time in every server.

But thats not my question.

In the rotation Arenanet posted they include all worldbosses (even Taidha Covington which wasnt being done very frequently prior to the patch) except Foulbear, Fire Shaman and the Dredge Commissar.

Foulbear isn't forgotten by Arenanet, u need to kill him for one of the new traits (i believe its a engineer trait).
But in the current worldboss schedule these 3 don't come up and i kinda miss them.
Besides that i completely dislike the idea of having a scheduled worldboss rotation.
Some bosses i won't do anymore because they are beyond my playschedule.
I liked the old system a lot more than these fixed times.

The scheduled boss rotation is shit.
It does feel like a chore, and makes me not want to play.
There is no reason at all for it to be in a schedule.

Edited by Hirsty, 24 April 2014 - 09:45 AM.

#5 Rhaki

Rhaki

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:54 AM

I just came back to the game today after not playing for almost a year.  World Bosses were always my favorite thing to do.  I would have gwstuff up religiously and server reset was the best time of the day.  I'm not sure how I feel about these new fixed times because it seems like it takes away from the luster and excitement of chasing down WBs after server reset.

Are the changes actually better though?  With the mega-server change and people knowing exactly when certain WBs are available, can you actually get certain WBs done every day that were very difficult to get completed in the past like Taidha, Grenth and Balth?

#6 I post stuff

I post stuff

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:47 PM

View PostHirsty, on 24 April 2014 - 09:44 AM, said:

The scheduled boss rotation is shit.
It does feel like a chore, and makes me not want to play.
There is no reason at all for it to be in a schedule.
???

How? I don't understand your reasoning.

The schedule is great because it makes events easier to organize and prevents bosses from clashing. It looks like everyone knows where to go and what to do now.

#7 Alexei Hart

Alexei Hart

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[LONG]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:09 AM

View PostRhaki, on 27 April 2014 - 03:54 AM, said:

Are the changes actually better though?  With the mega-server change and people knowing exactly when certain WBs are available, can you actually get certain WBs done every day that were very difficult to get completed in the past like Taidha, Grenth and Balth?
Taidha yes, though currently she has a bug that is imo the funniest since the Norn Mesmer bearclone glitch, purely for the chat content that it inevitably generates.

As for the temples, yes and no... there are regularly enough people to do them easily now, but since they are not on a schedule, it is very hit and miss as to whether they will not already be done when you enter the map, and they take a long time to reset. Personally, I don't fancy waiting around in Orr for the temples to reset when there is other content available at any given time. So I've only done a few temple runs since the patch, whereas I can easily do all the scheduled bosses within whatever window of time I log in.

As to the OP, I don't much care for the Commissar and Shaman, but I would put Foulbear in that empty slot between Megadestroyer and Shat, as it is an interesting event chain that offers a lot of enemies and loot.

#8 zwei2stein

zwei2stein

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1020 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RA]
  • Server:Ring of Fire

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:43 PM

I defnintelly miss OPs three and temples (5 gods + 1 arrah) as a world boss train stops.

Also, Zho'qafa Catacombs Eye and Rhendak the Crazed.

So there are 11 "bonus chest" events that are missing on timer.

#9 typographie

typographie

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2024 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LAW]

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:16 PM

View Postswordmagic, on 24 April 2014 - 06:25 AM, said:

The bosses in the rotation are ones that have always spawned at specific times regardless of the state of the zone. Foulbear, Fire Shaman and Dredge Commissar spawn when certain conditions are met in each instance. Since there's now potentially many different megaserver instances per zone, its impossible (edit: under the current system, anyway) for there to be one global spawn time for those bosses.

Just like Orr temples.

Edited by typographie, 20 June 2014 - 03:05 PM.

#10 zwei2stein

zwei2stein

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1020 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RA]
  • Server:Ring of Fire

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:52 PM

View Posttypographie, on 20 June 2014 - 02:16 PM, said:

The bosses in the rotation are ones that have always spawned at specific times regardless of the state of the zone. Foulbear, Fire Shaman and Dredge Commissar spawn when certain conditions are met in each instance. Since there's now potentially many different megaserver instances per zone, its impossible (edit: under the current system, anyway) for there to be one global spawn time for those bosses.

Just like Orr temples.

Karka, Mordniir, Fire Elemental etc ... all have preevent chains, yet they were put on rotation succesfully.

Of course they can make them have spawn window and set up their prevents in motion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users