• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kratimas

Kratimas

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:37 PM

I remember reading in one of the interviews or somewhere that ANet was intending on changing some things about the Mystic Forge, like new recipes and making things better.

I have read most of the update notes but, I can't remember seeing if these changes were ever made and if they were could someone point me to where I could read about them.

Thanks

#2 kalendraf

kalendraf

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • Guild Tag:[CV]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:34 PM

The forge changes that ANet has alluded to have not been added into the game yet.

#3 davadude

davadude

Seraph Guardian

• News Correspondents
  • 1374 posts
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[Team]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:45 PM

You may be referring to the interviews in the beta, when the forge was simply an upgrade tool.  They promised changes to the forge for the final Beta Weekend Event, which turned it into the toilet forge we have today.

If not... got a link for us?  This is new to me!
Davadude - Guru Village Idiot

#4 kalendraf

kalendraf

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 493 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:18 PM

I believe the OP is referring to the Mystic Forge notes from John Smith's article on March 27, 2014:
https://www.guildwar...e-trait-resets/

Mystic Forge

The Mystic Forge is going to get a lot of changes this year. To kick things off, we’re adjusting the way Zommoros distributes rare and exotic rewards a bit, allowing for more variation in output. This is just a stepping stone to further changes that will make the Mystic Forge a much better experience in the future. Please note: the rate of precursors will not be affected.

And also from this forum reply in a discussion about that article:
https://forum-en.gui...e/2#post3822273

As of today these changes are not yet implemented, but based on the above information, we can expect them sometime this year.

Edited by kalendraf, 08 June 2014 - 03:27 PM.

#5 Kratimas

Kratimas

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:14 PM

View Postkalendraf, on 08 June 2014 - 03:18 PM, said:

I believe the OP is referring to the Mystic Forge notes from John Smith's article on March 27, 2014:
https://www.guildwar...e-trait-resets/

And also from this forum reply in a discussion about that article:
https://forum-en.gui...e/2#post3822273

As of today these changes are not yet implemented, but based on the above information, we can expect them sometime this year.

Thank you kalendraf, that is exactly the one I was thinking of.

I hope they do some good things to it.

Thanks again for you quick response.

#6 Satenia

Satenia

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[CULT]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:44 PM

Unfortunately, it seems like precursors are not affected by that change. With the champ farm nerfs and the precursor crafting being pretty much off their list, getting one is even more annoying (expensive) than before :(

#7 kalendraf

kalendraf

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 493 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:53 PM

I think it's worth noting that they specifically said "rate of precursors" as opposed to "method of obtaining precursors".  Thus, the overall rate of obtaining one may not change from being a miniscule chance with tossing exotics into the forge or an even more miniscule chance with tossing rares into the forge.  However, as part of the overall updates, they might add new methods or modify existing methods in such a way that obtaining precursors becomes more affordable or more intuitive without changing the chance of obtaining a precursor from a MF attempt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users