• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Scorpion

Scorpion

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:16 PM

I'm mostly debating between the gilded(20% gold from monsters) or the magic find utility. The karmic would have its purpose to but don't really see myself using karma on a regular basis for anything. The exp would be irreverent in most cases unless I wanted more skill points. I mostly do WvW/EotM, which on would be more worthwhile to use?

#2 MCBiohazard

MCBiohazard

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:55 AM

View PostScorpion, on 27 June 2014 - 09:16 PM, said:

I'm mostly debating between the gilded(20% gold from monsters) or the magic find utility. The karmic would have its purpose to but don't really see myself using karma on a regular basis for anything. The exp would be irreverent in most cases unless I wanted more skill points. I mostly do WvW/EotM, which on would be more worthwhile to use?

If you're interested in Ascended gear at all, it does take karma to pay for the obsidian shards that are part of the crafting process. If you do a lot of WvW/EotM, you might already have enough to get by but if you don't, the karma infusion will help. Otherwise, I would rather go for the straight magic find. The gold gain from monsters is not really the main source of direct gold income these days. They come from straight up rewards for doing content than random drops.

#3 ben911993

ben911993

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 269 posts
  • Guild Tag:[YAAR]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:16 AM

As said above, the gold drops from monsters are pretty pitiful and won't make up a large portion of your total earnings. The gilded infusion won't really go a long way. The karmic infusion used to be much more worthwhile back when it, and other bonuses, affected karma gained through consumables like vials and jugs. However, even with the karmic infusion not affecting those, it's still worthwhile if you do a lot of dungeons or fractals. Considering, though, that you mostly do WvW, karmic won't go a long way either, so really only magic find will do you any measurable good.

Edited by ben911993, 28 June 2014 - 02:17 AM.

#4 I post stuff

I post stuff

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:59 AM

If you do a ton of EotM Karmic makes sense as you gain a ton of karma there and it's generally less of a gamble than going magic find. That being said magic find is more worthwhile for WvW/EotM as it affects the droprate from loot bags AFAIK.

Toss a coin.

#5 Senatic

Senatic

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1913 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:54 PM

View PostI post stuff, on 28 June 2014 - 09:59 AM, said:

affects the droprate from loot bags AFAIK.

It does not and never has, it has been stated many times that Magic find only affect drops from creatures directly and not containers/bags.

Edited by Senatic, 28 June 2014 - 01:55 PM.

#6 Scorpion

Scorpion

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:56 PM

Interesting, I'm glad I asked. Otherwise I would have waste about 10-20 laurels on the wrong utility. I think I have close to 2 mil karma. The magic find would be beneficial when killing the champions and veterans.

#7 Bloodreaver

Bloodreaver

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:07 PM

I spent laurels on the karma infusion when I returned to the game AFTER anet had made the changes to karma boosters (I was so pissed).  You guys made me feel better about getting it and keeping it.

#8 I post stuff

I post stuff

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:08 PM

View PostSenatic, on 28 June 2014 - 01:54 PM, said:

It does not and never has, it has been stated many times that Magic find only affect drops from creatures directly and not containers/bags.
Ah they did it for PvP chests only. Karma then.

#9 RandolfRa

RandolfRa

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:25 AM

Magic Find makes you get more loot from opposing players so it's not a bad choice if you do lot's of WvW. Like it was mentioned, MF doesn't affect the stuff you get from the loot bags itself, but it should make you get more of them.

I spent laurels on the karma infusion when I returned to the game AFTER anet had made the changes to karma boosters (I was so pissed).  You guys made me feel better about getting it and keeping it.
The karma jugs and other such items are a lot rarer now as well. Most of the Karma comes from events now and those are affected by the infusion.

Edited by RandolfRa, 01 July 2014 - 02:33 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users