Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Newcomer Q!

oceanic sea players guild. new player

  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 SolsticeXI

SolsticeXI

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • Location:Singapore

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:25 PM

Hey guys!

I just bought guild wars 2 and wondering which are the current servers for oceanic/SEA region players as of 2014? I'm based in Singapore and hoping to find some people or a guild from my local timezone to play with.

Also i have read up abit on the recent changes for GW2 before buying and notice the game is entering its living world season 2, and that the world ingame would change and adapt to the updates that are released..for example the landscapes or destroyed Cities/Areas. Would it affect new players who never even went through season 1?

#2 Broodling67

Broodling67

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:53 PM

I'm sorry, I can't help you with the server question.

Some of the maps (and a major city!) has gone through some changes but it's nothing that will affect you since you have never seen them the way they were and the maps change whether you are there for the story or not. Living world season 1 is not re-playable at this time so you don't have to worry about playing through hours of content to catch up with other players (other than leveling to 80).

The only thing you are really missing from first season is the story. If you want a brief catch up so you can understand what is going on you can go through the wiki's summary:
http://wiki.guildwar..._World_season_1

#3 SolsticeXI

SolsticeXI

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • Location:Singapore

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:11 PM

Thanks, that kinda sucks though missing out on so much story content. I came to Guild wars because of their rich lore and story content but i guess i just have to make do with whats there. Will season 1 ever be playable again ?

#4 Alexei Hart

Alexei Hart

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 81 posts
  • Location:New York
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[LONG]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:32 PM

No. They are making season 2 replay able, but they didn't have the system in place at the time of season 1, so it's gone.

Regarding server, there isn't a localized server for sea/oceanic, but there is high demand for players from your time zone on several North American servers, to cover the overnight hours in World vs World. Chances are, the higher ranked the server, the more likely you are to find players in your timezone.

#5 SolsticeXI

SolsticeXI

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • Location:Singapore

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:39 PM

Damn i should have started on GW2 earlier then!

I see thanks for the info on servers, though would be nice if i could get more detailed info on where the population is more concentrated at. Wouldn't want to pay just to change realms :o

#6 kalendraf

kalendraf

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 470 posts
  • Location:Iowa, USA
  • Guild Tag:[CV]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:45 PM

Henge of Denravi has a sizable number of SEA players, but I don't know how its population compares to other servers.

As for guilds, Charter Vanguard is an international guild with over 250 active members, of which about 50 are from Singapore.  I will PM you with more details in case you are interested.

#7 dakka dakka

dakka dakka

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 974 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:06 PM

View PostAlexei Hart, on 30 June 2014 - 02:32 PM, said:

No. They are making season 2 replay able, but they didn't have the system in place at the time of season 1, so it's gone.

Regarding server, there isn't a localized server for sea/oceanic, but there is high demand for players from your time zone on several North American servers, to cover the overnight hours in World vs World. Chances are, the higher ranked the server, the more likely you are to find players in your timezone.

Season 1 is not quite gone, they do have plans to adapt the big events of Season 1 into permanent content in the gem store at some point in the future.

#8 SolsticeXI

SolsticeXI

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • Location:Singapore

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:41 PM

View Postdakka dakka, on 30 June 2014 - 05:06 PM, said:

Season 1 is not quite gone, they do have plans to adapt the big events of Season 1 into permanent content in the gem store at some point in the future.

Nice, then thats really something to look forward to then. At least for me :).

Thanks for the sharing the info!

#9 typographie

typographie

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1938 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LAW]

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:13 PM

View PostSolsticeXI, on 30 June 2014 - 02:39 PM, said:

I see thanks for the info on servers, though would be nice if i could get more detailed info on where the population is more concentrated at. Wouldn't want to pay just to change realms :o

There's a system in place, marketed to us as "Megaservers," where all PvE maps draw players from all servers into each instance of each map to make sure they stay populated. You'll be playing/chatting with other people from every server in the NA realm in those maps, and they pretty much always have at least a medium population.

The only place in the game where your own server's population truly matters is in WvW, where individual servers are a fundamental part of the server vs. server vs. server design. So just make sure your server of choice is active in WvW if you are interested in it.

#10 Andemius

Andemius

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 646 posts
  • Guild Tag:[herd]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:25 PM

View PostSolsticeXI, on 30 June 2014 - 02:11 PM, said:

Thanks, that kinda sucks though missing out on so much story content. I came to Guild wars because of their rich lore and story content but i guess i just have to make do with whats there. Will season 1 ever be playable again ?

I wouldn't worry too much about it, the general consensus is that season 1's storyline was not terribly good. I'd focus on the overarching story of the game, and go with season 2 as and when it is available.

If you're willing to look for it, the story/lore in the game is pretty good imo.





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: oceanic, sea, players, guild., new player

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users