4 replies to this topic

#1 Ensis

Ensis

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts
  • Profession:Thief

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:00 AM

Hey all. I've had something on my mind lately, and I thought this would be a good opportunity to get some other views on the matter.

When you play, do you stick with an event until its chain is complete, or do you swerve around the map and hit the POIs, vistas, and bosses along the way? I ask because I used to play using the latter method, but a friend suggested that I try something new to freshen things up. And boy, did it work wonders. There's so much content that I never knew existed, and it feels like a much more cohesive experience compared to my old disjointed method.

So I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar experience? How do you play?

#2 EphraimGlass

EphraimGlass

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Guild Tag:[YUM]
  • Server:Maguuma

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:11 PM

I like to play through entire event chains but it's not always clear that a new event will shortly follow.

#3 Baron von Scrufflebutt

Baron von Scrufflebutt

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3265 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:33 PM

I mostly do the things that help me maximize my XP gain.

#4 Kymeric

Kymeric

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1981 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:02 PM

View PostEphraimGlass, on 15 July 2014 - 03:11 PM, said:

I like to play through entire event chains but it's not always clear that a new event will shortly follow.

Yes.  I'll wait around to see if something happens at the end of a DE.  Sometimes there are npc conversations that wrap it up, sometimes it goes on to another event.  It's not always clear when they have hit the end, though, so I don't know if I leave prematurely, in spite of my intent to follow the chain to its conclusion.

#5 Ensis

Ensis

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts
  • Profession:Thief

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:14 PM

View PostEphraimGlass, on 15 July 2014 - 03:11 PM, said:

Ah, yeah. I never really thought about that. Would you say that's more common in the higher level zones like Orr and Frostgorge?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users