5 replies to this topic

#1 Keepy

Keepy

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:59 PM

Hi, i just got back to the game and im very impressed with the changes made. When i left the game was because i felt the game didnt had enough content or was incomplete, now it entertains me very much.

I only have one situation that i had before also when i quit. Making new friends, i feel lonely and surrounded by strangers and everytime i do dungeons the people is friendly but at the end no one cares or have interest of play with the people again (like happen in other games). They leave and you never seen them again.

I have a clan with 7-10 friends that i played other games with for about 6 years. And i could join other clan to meet other people but the problem is guilds are selfish and they want you to represent them 100% no flexibility.

Im kinda hopeless on this one, do you guys have any tip?

#2 Calypso589

Calypso589

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:14 PM

What's the problem with having to represent the guild 100% of the time?

#3 Keepy

Keepy

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:20 PM

That i would be abandoning my real friends

#4 Symbiont

Symbiont

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2713 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NULL]

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:11 PM

invest in setting up social activities, you'll be surrounded with people who will stick around

#5 ilr

ilr

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2736 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:02 PM

You don't really benefit much from having friends to actually play with in this game unless you're just bad at soloing in general. If you play together more than an hour or so, It becomes mostly a feeling of being dragged along with no immersion. The only place you need other players generally is the Explorable dungeons that get really tedious quickly as soon as you realize that everything is just a long line of huge HitPoint sponges you literally "take less damage from" by going all Zerker and burning them down before anyone in your party gets downed more than 3 times. You don't even really need friends for that either, you just fire up the old youtube search to watch how the dungeon is run, then hop in a pug with Exotic gear where bad-downscaling calculations and static A.I. vs Zerker pretty much handles the rest for you.

I would have recommended looking for a WvW guild on your home server, but it looks like most people only go into wvw right now to farm something called edge of the mists... a map roughly half the size of any of the borderland maps, with twice the Player-vs-Dooring. So if you want to make progress... just keep logging in to solo your dailies for a half hour, then log off. If you want to make real friends, go some place that actually encourages and has incentives for playing together.

The #2 thing you apparently don't understand..... is that if your friends guild is only 7 players and even fewer than that are actually active, then there's no reason for you to "represent" that guild. Tiny guilds have no use for influence once they've bought that second bank upgrade. You will never be able to beat any of the Guild Missions with such a tiny group so there's no reason to save up influence to unlock any of that stuff. None of the other things you could buy with that tiny amount of influence that less than 7 players generate, will be useful to you as an individual or as a small team. It's called a "Guild" for a reason. If it doesn't have 100's of players and dozens active every day, then it's nothing more than a "Tag" and 100% functionally superficial. (serving no statistical or mechanical purpose).

Edited by ilr, 03 September 2014 - 10:12 PM.

#6 Yaeku

Yaeku

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 03:58 PM

Joining a guild is really a great way to make friends.

I'd try to look for a social guild that is recruiting and stick with them. You will have tons of friends. :)

I'll be your friend!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users