That single win was far more gratifying then any of the other facerolls back in the day.
It made me excited for future reworks and that got me thinking of how some of the other world bosses might be redesigned so that they're more fun or challenging.
So how what boss would you guys like changed and how?
For me, off the top of my head I'd love to see the Megadestroyer fight utilize the environment moreso than it actually does.
For example, and this could just be one phase of the fight:
-The Megadestroyer shields itself with a wall of lava at like 75% health or something
-2 predetermined players have to run over and pick up an Asuran laser beam (one each).
-The laser fires a cooling agent. It channels for one minute max and the player can't move while using it. Being attacked interrupts the channel.
-The two players fire the beam at the lava, cooling it.
-During this time, veteran destroyers amongst other trash spawn and need to be kited away from those players channeling the beam.
-The event UI changes to reflect the rate at which the lava is being cooled. When the bar fills, the lava becomes solid rock.
- At this time the entire group must break through the cooled rock in order to attack the Megadestroyer.
That could just be ONE phase or something. The idea is to make the already established time limit more pressing by requiring the use of channeled weaponry. The longer the laser fires the beam uninterrupted, the faster the lava cools.
Perhaps at the same time, the lava cooling mechanic can be used to keep the magma from enveloping the entire arena.
- At 50% health the Megadestroyer performs a massive ground stomp, stunning everyone in the vicinity.
- The stomp causes lava to burst out of 3 or 4 holes in the walls around the arena, causing hot magma to spew forth and slowly spread on the ground.
- players have to use the cooling agent to plug all four holes before the ground is covered in magma and everyone slowly burns to death.
- This will have a separate time limit from the actual boss fight itself. The boss time could be paused or something.
These are just some rough ideas I had.
So what other ideas do you guys have?
Edited by Calypso589, 19 August 2014 - 06:54 AM.