• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

I get the feeling GW1 lore is incoming...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 davadude

davadude

Seraph Guardian

• News Correspondents
  • 1363 posts
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[Team]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted Yesterday, 08:27 PM

So, many people around here (myself included), are not really interested in the incoming Living Story updates due to the lack of hype.  Tonight's POI live show showed off some new footage from the incoming update.  One moment is sparking quite some interest on Reddit and other communities.

Take a look for yourself.  Recognize this former GW1 boss?

Posted Image

Thoughts, hype, hopeless?

EDIT:  Spoiler for upcoming content...

Spoiler

Edited by davadude, Yesterday, 08:29 PM.

Davadude - Guru Village Idiot

#2 Brandon the Don

Brandon the Don

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[TH]
  • Server:Gunnar’s Hold

Posted Yesterday, 08:35 PM

Can also be a render for a potentially rebuild Temple of the Forgotten God - or early models for it - or heck, even an area for the planned Abbadon Fractal... The thing you linked does not seem very alive (even pre rendered)

Spoiler

#3 davadude

davadude

Seraph Guardian

• News Correspondents
  • 1363 posts
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[Team]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted Yesterday, 08:36 PM

View PostBrandon the Don, on 24 October 2014 - 08:35 PM, said:

Can also be a render for a potentially rebuild Temple of the Forgotten God - or early models for it - or heck, even an area for the planned Abbadon Fractal... The thing you linked does not seem very alive (even pre rendered)

Spoiler

The point isn't so much that it's a live, the point is that they're finally adding it in.  Perhaps we'll finally get some interesting lore that relates to the first game, and perhaps it can confirm some of the speculation from the Season 2.1 finisher trailer that showed off many hints to much-loved GW1 enemies such as the Mursaat and Abbadon.
Davadude - Guru Village Idiot

#4 Brandon the Don

Brandon the Don

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[TH]
  • Server:Gunnar’s Hold

Posted Yesterday, 09:42 PM

Though I hope so (brushed off the dust and played a lot of GW1 again lately) I do not get my hopes up...

The datamined picture you showed is the exact statue as the one in the sunken temple (look at the item in the right hand), only from the back... The pose, clothing and even the enviroment, though in ruins in mine, show this exactly...

You can hope for the best, and I hope for you (I sincerely hope there won't be an Abbadon at all personally), that it will turn out to be the way you want - but I am way to cynical, especially with this "proof"...

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users