4 replies to this topic

#1 Destinyscall

Destinyscall

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts
  • Profession:Ranger

Posted 19 March 2015 - 03:36 AM

I bought a normal double disk copy of gw2 and registered it 2+ years ago. I tried to register my code on the gw2 website, and it says my serial code has already been registered to an account. I try to log in and it gives me a warning saying I'm attempting to log in to an account without a valid serial number applied to it. It tells me to go to the registry page. I do and again when i try to register, it says, "Your serial code was already registered with a Guild Wars 2 account".

Should i just be able to log in?
Where do I go from here?
Is it because I registered a long time ago my serial code won't work?
Am I just going to have to fork out more cash just to buy a new serial code?

I have tried registering a new account: already registered.
I have tried linking account option: already registered.
I have submitted a ticket already.

I dont understand why it won't allow me to re-register my serial code!!

Someone please help if you can help this 34 yr old man have some fun in this wonderful game; I've never had so much trouble getting back into a game in my gaming career (many games, a very long history lol).

Thanks!!!

Edit: My display name is some ridiculously long number...

Edited by Destinyscall, 19 March 2015 - 05:40 AM.

#2 Destinyscall

Destinyscall

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 04:24 AM

Update: I noticed my display name has what looks like a super long alpha numeric code as a name instead of a name-1111...could that mean I was hacked?

If so, what are my next steps?

Edited by Destinyscall, 19 March 2015 - 05:41 AM.

#3 Quaker

Quaker

Technician

• Technicians
  • 3519 posts
  • Guild Tag:[n/a]

Posted 19 March 2015 - 02:34 PM

You say you registered 2+ years ago, so, yes, that code is already in use. You need to log in with the username and password you used 2+ years ago. If you can't remember the username and password you can try submitting a support ticket, but if you have no details on your account other than your serial code, it may be difficult to prove it's yours.
The alpha-numeric display name may be because the account has been "suspended" by ANet as a result of having been hacked, or long inactivity or w/e.
It will take a few days to get an answer to your support ticket, and it may take a few more days to establish that you own the account, so be prepared to wait. Or you could, of course, just buy another serial code.

#4 Destinyscall

Destinyscall

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 06:05 PM

Thank you! If I buy a new one, can I just register that and use the same email account? Should I create a whole separate email account?

#5 Quaker

Quaker

Technician

• Technicians
  • 3519 posts
  • Guild Tag:[n/a]

Posted 20 March 2015 - 02:41 PM

I don't know if you can use the same e-mail account as a username, but you should, at least, be able to use some new e-mail account to set up the GW2 account, and then later on, set your desired e-mail account as the one that is actually used. The e-mail account you use to set up GW2 will remain as the username though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users