Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Guild Halls


  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Neo Nugget

Neo Nugget

    Quaggan Hipster

  • Administrators
  • 3031 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[TWIT]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:15 AM

As some of you may know, ArenaNet just unleashed Guild Halls upon E3. Personally, I think they look pretty swanky.

Here's a trailer for'em!

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

"The only difference, Connor - the only difference between myself and those you aid is that I do not feign affection."


#2 Cutthroat

Cutthroat

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 424 posts
  • Location:Finland

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:18 AM

View PostNeo Nugget, on 17 June 2015 - 03:15 AM, said:

Personally, I think they look pretty swanky.
Indeed! That's the best E3 video I saw.

#3 NerfHerder

NerfHerder

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 817 posts
  • Location:Florida

Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:04 PM

Whaa, what? You can glide in your guild hall? Take my money. I want it now.

#4 ilr

ilr

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2736 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:46 PM

Are they added to the base game?   Or is it B2P only?

#5 Thorfinnr

Thorfinnr

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 670 posts
  • Location:Hangin' with the Kodan
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[DIVA]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 18 June 2015 - 02:52 PM

View Postilr, on 17 June 2015 - 09:46 PM, said:

Are they added to the base game?   Or is it B2P only?

I "THINK"...you have to get the Expansion to get access to the GHs. I am not 100% sure on that. Can't seem to get the official FAQ up to check on that at the moment.

#6 Konzacelt

Konzacelt

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 607 posts
  • Location:a prairie under a clear, blue sky
  • Guild Tag:[PD]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 18 June 2015 - 04:55 PM

View PostThorfinnr, on 18 June 2015 - 02:52 PM, said:

I "THINK"...you have to get the Expansion to get access to the GHs. I am not 100% sure on that. Can't seem to get the official FAQ up to check on that at the moment.

If ANet hasn't commented on it yet, then the answer is no.  What a bullshit "feature" that is, I can't wait to not be able to hang out with my guild...

#7 Nikephoros

Nikephoros

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1146 posts
  • Location:Florida
  • Guild Tag:[DnT]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 18 June 2015 - 07:14 PM

View PostKonzacelt, on 18 June 2015 - 04:55 PM, said:

If ANet hasn't commented on it yet, then the answer is no.  What a bullshit "feature" that is, I can't wait to not be able to hang out with my guild...

They don't sell the xpac in your country?

#8 Konzacelt

Konzacelt

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 607 posts
  • Location:a prairie under a clear, blue sky
  • Guild Tag:[PD]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 18 June 2015 - 08:41 PM

View PostNikephoros, on 18 June 2015 - 07:14 PM, said:

They don't sell the xpac in your country?

What the hell does an expansion have to do with guild halls?

Rephrase: When the hell were guild halls ever an exclusive "feature" of an expansion?

#9 ilr

ilr

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2736 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 04:17 AM

yeah that's troubling...  
I'd normally just go join the queue to demand an answer from Chris Whiteside but I bumped into him on ANOTHER game now so I don't know who's taking on the accountability for this stuff anymore.  I'm going to assume no one is?

Edited by ilr, 19 June 2015 - 04:19 AM.


#10 davadude

davadude

    Seraph Guardian

  • News Correspondents
  • 1563 posts
  • Location:The Netherlands
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[Team]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 19 June 2015 - 07:54 AM

View PostThorfinnr, on 18 June 2015 - 02:52 PM, said:

I "THINK"...you have to get the Expansion to get access to the GHs. I am not 100% sure on that. Can't seem to get the official FAQ up to check on that at the moment.

I asked them a question about this when they announced the expansion pack's core features at  PAX.  Never got a reply, and neither has anyone else.
Davadude - Guru Village Idiot

#11 Nikephoros

Nikephoros

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1146 posts
  • Location:Florida
  • Guild Tag:[DnT]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 19 June 2015 - 12:50 PM

View PostKonzacelt, on 18 June 2015 - 08:41 PM, said:

What the hell does an expansion have to do with guild halls?

Rephrase: When the hell were guild halls ever an exclusive "feature" of an expansion?

Not sure why you would continue playing the game actively but not buy the expansion.  Usually when an MMO has an expansion people who play the game either buy it and keep playing or don't buy it and quit.  It's pretty rare for someone to love the game, play it regularly but not ever buy the expansion.  Unless you're just angry to be angry to have something to be mad about, which is cool too.

#12 Konzacelt

Konzacelt

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 607 posts
  • Location:a prairie under a clear, blue sky
  • Guild Tag:[PD]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 19 June 2015 - 05:26 PM

View PostNikephoros, on 19 June 2015 - 12:50 PM, said:

Not sure why you would continue playing the game actively but not buy the expansion.  Usually when an MMO has an expansion people who play the game either buy it and keep playing or don't buy it and quit.  It's pretty rare for someone to love the game, play it regularly but not ever buy the expansion.  Unless you're just angry to be angry to have something to be mad about, which is cool too.

I'm in WvW 90% of the time, it's about the only redeeming quality to GW2 for me...even with all of its flaws.  I don't love the game, I just like hanging out with my guild in WvW, the regular PvE content(aside from aesthetics) and the story especially are terrible.  Why would I care about new PvE maps if I'm never there in the first place.

Also, I'm willing to forgo the new Desert Borderlands map for now...perhaps in the future ANet may make that something that can be singularly purchased.  If not, I'll wait a year until the price for HoT is $10.

The single largest reason for most guilds is group PvP, and in GW2 that includes WvW.  Why the hell ANet would make guild halls explicitly tied to PvE content is beyond reason.

Edited by Konzacelt, 19 June 2015 - 05:28 PM.


#13 ilr

ilr

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2736 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 11:48 PM

View Postdavadude, on 19 June 2015 - 07:54 AM, said:

I asked them a question about this when they announced the expansion pack's core features at  PAX.  Never got a reply, and neither has anyone else.
well thanks.  I appreciate the effort!

#14 davadude

davadude

    Seraph Guardian

  • News Correspondents
  • 1563 posts
  • Location:The Netherlands
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[Team]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 20 June 2015 - 09:37 AM

View Postilr, on 19 June 2015 - 11:48 PM, said:

well thanks.  I appreciate the effort!

From the recent blog post, it appears anyone with access to the Guild Req. station will be able to get a guild hall.  Access requires only that you guild has the current guild missions upgrade, or something along those lines.  I think, based on what we know, that access is open to all.
Davadude - Guru Village Idiot




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users