Affix: Sinister (Easier: Rabid)
Weapons: Axe + Torch, Torch (so that you can have a weapon swap to trigger Quick Draw)
Sigils: Malice (Cheaper: Smoldering), Earth
Runes: Nightmare x4 + Trapper x2 (Easier: Balthazar)
Consumables: Rare Veggie PIzza (or cheaper equivalent), Skale Venom (Lazier: Tuning Crystals)
- Sun Spirit (best DPS)
- Flame Trap (second-best DPS)
- Frost Spirit (for the zerkers in your party, doesn't do much for you yourself)
- Signet of the Hunt (so you're not fat and slow)
- Viper's Nest (if you really want to minmax personal DPS. Doesn't make a huge difference)
- Spotter vs. Hidden Barbs (Hidden Barbs is worth about +8% personal DPS or so, while Spotter will provide a 2-5% DPS boost to the entire party depending on their build)
- Empathic Bond vs. Poison Master (Poison Master is very slightly more DPS but it doesn't make a huge difference. I prefer the extra condi cleanse.)
- Wilderness Survival vs. Nature Magic (DPS adds up to about the same, take the one you like better)
Use Quick Draw with Bonfire for a massive AOE burn stack every 10 seconds, and throw Splitblades at point-blank so all the axes hit. Pretty self-explanatory.
But I heard zerk was still meta!
You heard wrong. At least, not for rangers. While zerk has the advantage of not having to tick over time, rangers put on big, short-duration stacks anyway (the longest bleed you will get is Splitblade at 10 seconds), and more importantly, your damage is super consistent even if you're in a disorganized pug group. All you really need is might, vuln and the proper gear and consumables for close to max damage (Banner of Strength and Deep Strikes makes a small difference but not enough to significantly impact ranger DPS). To even remotely compete, a zerker ranger needs to have every possible ranger and warrior buff, might/vuln/fury maxed, the matching potions and sigils, and 100% uptime on Scholar damage buff. Not to mention you have the incredibly annoying sword leap to fight against all the time too.
See also: https://forum-en.gui...-and-zerk-sucks for a run-down on why condition builds are so strong now in general.
I'm still not convinced because I'm a moron/can't do math/in denial!
Edited by GuanglaiKangyi, 07 August 2015 - 12:05 AM.