Leaf on the Wind

• Administrators
  • 4343 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild:Testing
  • Guild Tag:[TEST]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 16 May 2016 - 03:20 PM

New to Guild Wars? Here's where you can introduce yourself to the rest of the community.

Welcome to the game & our forums!

Feel free to PM me if you have a question regarding moderation, want to leave some feedback, or just want to chat!

#2 cosyfiep

cosyfiep

C is for cookie

• Moderators
  • 153 posts
  • Guild:I'm supposed to have one?

Posted 16 May 2016 - 08:10 PM

guess I will start.
Been playing gw since Aug of 2005....gosh cant believe its been that long.
Still play almost daily working on titles like wisdom and treasure hunter (and getting the last gotta get them all minipets).

{image of mouse belongs here} where is the 'all you can eat' cookie bar?

#3 Surge Goes Pre

Surge Goes Pre

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 04:43 PM

Hey Cosy! Nice to meet you =P

As you know, I'm 'Surge Goes Pre' form the GW1Guru forums. Member since March 22, 2008.

Working on my treasure and wisdom titles as well - both r6 and my luxon and lucky and unlucky. I collect cool items too. Or so I think =P.

Cheers!

#4 Pleikki

Pleikki

The Chestrunner

• Members
  • 441 posts
  • Guild:Poo Pugs Plan [ァアァ]

Posted 17 May 2016 - 04:53 PM

Hey all! Im Pleikki

Working on maxing my treasure luck unluck for zillionth time ;)

Im also a collector :)

Also im really old inactive member of gw2guru! Ive been here longer then u cosy or Khalija!! Booyah!

#5 Khalija

Khalija

Leaf on the Wind

• Administrators
  • 4343 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild:Testing
  • Guild Tag:[TEST]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 17 May 2016 - 04:55 PM

Welcome everyone! :D

Feel free to PM me if you have a question regarding moderation, want to leave some feedback, or just want to chat!

#6 cosyfiep

cosyfiep

C is for cookie

• Moderators
  • 153 posts
  • Guild:I'm supposed to have one?

Posted 17 May 2016 - 05:13 PM

Hey all! Im Pleikki

Working on maxing my treasure luck unluck for zillionth time ;)

Im also a collector :)

Also im really old inactive member of gw2guru! Ive been here longer then u cosy or Khalija!! Booyah!

argh, got me my one day!

and welcome!

{image of mouse belongs here} where is the 'all you can eat' cookie bar?

#7 Mouse at Large

Mouse at Large

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 06:36 PM

And we're back :cool:

#8 Kattar

Kattar

SHODAN

• Administrators
  • 2406 posts
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 17 May 2016 - 07:39 PM

Welcome! We're so glad to have you, even if we're a little sad for the reasons why.

You are fooling yourself, user. Nothing here is what it seems. ANet is not the plucky hero, Guru is not an evil empire, and this is not the grand arena.

Questions about moderation? For the love of Balthazar ask them here!

#9 Vizi

Vizi

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 07:59 PM

Hey!
Looking forward to use GW2Guru for a better GWGuru :D

#10 c0Zm1c

c0Zm1c

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:07 PM

Hello. I've been playing - off and on - since January 2006. I lurked on the old Guru forum for many years and eventually signed up to it recently.. then read that it was closing down. :( I'm glad to see it found a new home.

#11 shasgaliel

shasgaliel

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 06:03 AM

Playing it since 2006 with many breaks one lasting 2 years. In the end always coming back. I am still nowhere with most of my characters so many years of play ahead.

#12 Mr. Mango

Mr. Mango

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1471 posts
  • Guild Tag:[CV]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 21 May 2016 - 07:55 PM

Played since August 2005 as well. Got GWAMM a few months before GW2 came out and played very little GW after that.

#13 Vlavi

Vlavi

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild:[Grrl]
  • Guild Tag:[↓GW1]
  • Server:Kaineng

Posted 25 May 2016 - 06:55 PM

Hi, its Magentis from guru :P

Kinda unknown player from germany since 2008 or so... On/Off'er when it comes to GW, depends on interest... currently active (obviously)
Great game tho, got good memories playing GW but the "prime time" is gone... Hope it will stay alive for some more years for the truly dedicated GW'er :)

So long, cu in traders outpost till I'm inactive again :angel:

#14 Shayne Hawke

Shayne Hawke

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1337 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LiES]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 26 May 2016 - 04:11 PM

My name is Shayne. I haven't played much Guild Wars in the last four years.

But! When I did play, I started in the fall season of 2005 and mained ranger. I mostly stuck with PvE, though I spent a lot of time playing the competitive festival PvP formats. I am formerly a top 100 list Rollerbeetle Racing player (and have continued the pursuit of seeking the fastest finish times and have become the fastest racer in Guild Wars 2's Sanctum Sprint activity).

#15 Darcy

Darcy

Never Too Old

• Moderators
  • 1234 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • IGN:Darcy Sa Renn
  • Guild Tag:[OBEY]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 26 May 2016 - 07:21 PM

And hello all from a long absent member of gw2g. I'm also sad about the reasons for the switch, but hope to make new friends and catch up with old ones.

#16 I pwnd U

I pwnd U

^ the reason posting takes so long

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SMS]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 28 May 2016 - 02:07 PM

Hello all, my name is Pwnd. And I'm a recovering alcoholic. Wait, is this not what this is for? Shoot...

(Guru member since 2005 who will cry manly tears when Guru is shut down)

#17 Vincento

Vincento

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:40 AM

Heya everyone!

I'm Vincento from gw1g. I had previously posted regarding doing full campaign solo speed runs!

GW has been a part of my life since 07'. I took a break for a few years and took up other hobbies- one of them being speed running. I returned to the GW community sometime last year after getting the idea to beat the games as quickly as possible in a single segment.

I've currently got Factions and Prophecies routes in the works and intend to get runs in of those games in the next break (starting in June). I do these with no outside help (players, storage, etc.) and from start to finish, using only henchmen. I aim to eventually finish good runs in of all the main campaigns and possibly an all campaigns run!

I'll probably post intermittently about speed strategies and theory crafting for runs. Looking forward to bonding with you all once again in an attempt to go fast!

~Vincento

#18 Age

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 11:11 PM

Hi there you all know who I am if not been playing since open beta originally from The Guild Hall.If it not any problem can i get my title back Hall Hero.

#19 bsoltan

bsoltan

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 07:27 PM

Hello all,

As GW Guru is about to be put to rest I'll post up over here. Looking forward to keeping the community of GW alive one way or another.
Username is the same here, there and everywhere. I'm still a member/Councillor/Office of Servants of Fortuna [SoF] even though they mostly moved to GW2.. I never have manged to get into that game myself.
Did my stint as mod of Ventari's a few years ago on GW Guru. Other than that have just enjoyed community threads and discussion.
I take long breaks from GW every now and then but there is always something to pull me back, and right now I'm back and looking forward to meeting new/old/returning players.
I like to help out and provide information after 11 years of playing so I'll try and provide answers in the Q&A section!

Hopefully see you around.

#20 Kryth_Vocans

Kryth_Vocans

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 10:55 AM

Hi, how y'all doin?

This is Kryth from gw1g. Been playing gw1 on and off since the first week after launch. I want to remain as an active member of the gw1 community so here I am. Hope many more will join up soon!

#21 Hyper

Hyper

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Profession:Elementalist

Posted 08 May 2017 - 01:12 AM

Hi there. I'm Hyper / Hyper Nl. I'm an old user of the Guild Wars Guru website and the Presearing.com forums, which sadly both seem to be gone now. I've been registered on GW2 Guru for a long time now, before the release of GW2 but I forgot about it years ago. I'm glad my account is still here.

GW_Avatar_Full.jpg
Yesterday, during the last day of the boardwalk games, I maxed my last title towards "God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals". With this, an epic 10 year journey has come to its end.

The first title I maxed was Tyrian Grandmaster Cartographer and it truly felt like an achievement. Over the years I slowly worked towards new milestones, but for a long time I considered GWAMM to be unreachable. However, the game developed and I grew with it. Last summer I finally made the last big leap with 6 hard-mode titles, the Vanquishers and two of the three Guardians leaving me at 29/30. Until today.

Video tour:
hom_thumb.png
Hyper's Hall of Monuments 2017
(50/50 + GWAMM)

Previous HoM tours:
Hyper's Hall of Monuments 2008
Hyper's Hall of Monuments 2009 (HD)

-------------

October 2006 - May 2017

You have played this character for 6,304 hours 11 minutes over the past 127 months. Across all characters, you have player for 6,810 hours 2 minutes over the past 127 months.

XP: 14,594,599

Tyrian Grandmaster Cartographer (1)
Canthan Grandmaster Cartographer (1)
Elonian Grandmaster Cartographer (1)
Legendary Cartographer (1)
Protector of Tyria (1)
Protector of Cantha (1)
Protector of Elona (1)
Tyrian Elite Kill Hunter (1)
Canthan Elite Kill Hunter (1)
Elonian Elite Kill Hunter (1)
Legendary Skill Hunter (1)
Legendary Spearmarhall (10)
Holy Lightbringer (10)
Slayer of All (10)
Secret Agent (10)
Legendary Delver (10)
Not Too Shabby (10)
Savior of the Kurzicks (12)
Savior of the Luxons (12)
Legendary Survivor (3)
Life of the Party (2)
Connoisseur of Confectionaaries (2)
Incorrigible Ale-Hound (2)
Canthan Vanquisher (1)
Elonian Vanquisher (1)
Tyrian Vanquisher (1)
Legendary Vanquisher (1)
Guardian of Cantha (1)
Guardian of Elona (1)
Blessed by Fate (6)

I really want to thank all of my (former) guildies and long forgotten random heroes who helped me along the way. I could not have it done without you.

My GW Wiki page

I have a L20 perma-pre char named Stealthy Corvus:

LDOA.jpg

Edited by Hyper, 09 May 2017 - 08:01 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users