Jump to content

  • Curse Sites


Member Since 01 Feb 2011
Offline Last Active Jan 20 2013 11:35 PM

Posts I've Made

In Topic: Forcing players to PvP for World Completion

20 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

View PostAjanil, on 20 December 2012 - 07:31 PM, said:

Wait... Look at it from my point of view. I am forced to do PvE content to get world completion.
Who has the best deal you think?

In that case, the achievement is assuredly broken, and you must create a new thread to complain...or at least I hear that's the theory for some.

In Topic: Forcing players to PvP for World Completion

20 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

View PostDaesu, on 20 December 2012 - 06:39 PM, said:

The chance is higher that the player says "lets get to the first poi, finish this last few percent and get world completion already".

What is the point of going to WvW without contributing to your server's efforts?  People would play WvW if they already have some interest in it, there is no need to nudge them.  In this case, they are nudging people the wrong way.  If they really want people to WvW they should make a real WvW title that encourages people to work with their teams and take down objectives, not run in random directions depending on which poi they still need to discover.

With the current system, I don't see how the achievement has met its goal to make peoou're ple interested in WvW.  I have 99% world completion now without even knowing what the supplies are or how to use them or having ever worked with my team.  I am sure I can get the remaining 1%, just by server switching and tagging along, without taking down a single keep.  What if I got my star, does it mean I did WvW?  I think not.

You're right...your star wouldnt mean you did WvW...it would mean that you completed the World Exploration achievement. What does that have to do with your original gripe about not having to do WvW in the first place?

In Topic: Which armor is better looking? Guild Armor or 42K Exotic?

20 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

Yeah I am still looking for a decent alternative to the Karma gloves; as soon as I saw them in the preview window all I thought was 'oven mitts'

In Topic: I'll send you 1g if you spot the missing poi

20 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

Just curious, was that the point you were missing?

In Topic: Forcing players to PvP for World Completion

20 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

Look guys, lets just all sign a petition to ANet that states that anythign Daesu thinks is broken needs to be fixed, regardless of what it is. If Daesu doesn't like it, that means its broken and isnt working, despite the fact that many other people have completed it. It's still broken, and those that completed it while broken are lying or magical mechanics of gaming.