Im having exactly the same problem Dss_live. Have you had any luck? did you submit a ticket? i took advice and restored my computer back to a week ago when i still had the GW2.exe file. I was able to recover those files. However im back to square one with no resolution thus far.
Yes, i got it to work again with the help of ncsoft support list of what i had to do in spoiler,
1. Locate the file "GW2setup.exe" and copy it.
2. Navigate to a new folder like C:\Guild Wars 2 and place "GW2setup.exe" in this folder.
3. Rename "GW2setup.exe" to "GW2.exe"
4. Right-click on "GW2.exe" and select "Create Shortcut."
5. Rename this shortcut to "Guild Wars 2 Port Test."
6. Right-click on this shortcut and select "Properties."
7. Edit the "Target" line to include /clientport 80 at the end.
Note: Please make sure /clientport 80 is outside of the quotes
Correctly Formatted Example: "C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe" /clientport 80
Incorrectly Formatted Example: "C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe /clientport 80"
8. Once completed, click "Ok" to save your changes.
If you get an error trying to save, your target line may not have the correct format. Please try step 7 again. 9. Double click "Guild Wars 2 Port Test" and try connecting again.
There's nothing wrong with it currently. Increase your DPS if you're struggling to kill veterans.
changing your build, just because at some places the trash mobs around you respan too quickly for you to take down the vet isn't the answer. Some places do indeed have trashmobs respawn way to quickly and this suggestion is a very valid one.
I have no problem fighting trash while fighting a vet, but when they die, they should stay dead longer than 5 seconds or you'll end up fighting for way longer than necessary. It's just frustrating. And imo, having fun while playing is pretty important.