GrandmaFunk, on 20 November 2012 - 03:01 PM, said:
Not in North America anyway, is it a Brit or Australian thing maybe?
couldn't find a single example through a quick google search. Not even a mention on urban dictionary.
Google "define noll", look at the first two results
Roybe, on 20 November 2012 - 03:47 PM, said:
So Ms. Crystin Cox is possibly holding our beloved game and devs hostage? She MUST be removed. Quick community, to the forums! Scream loud and long. What do we want? No monetization! When do we want it? Now!
ANet should deliver Crystin Cox to us, she should be force to explain herself here. Scream loud and long. What do we want? Crystin Cox! WE WANT COX! WE WANT C... wait a minute...
"A golem named BUY-4373, an NPC named Subdirector Blingg, and a jumping puzzle named Under New Management."
South Sun Cove waypoints are "Lion" and "Pride", maybe referring to the removed "Lion" statue in Lion's Arch and now replaced by wooden rubbles (Can an amateur (or pro) cryptanalyst decipher the inscriptions (4 letter, 4 letter, 2 letter, 7 letter))? Lion Pride maybe refers to an inside group that is now dedicated to fight the evil powers of the Karkas/Crabs (maybe another symbolism).
I remember how we bitched and bitched AND BITCHED in GW1 for all hero parties and then we finally got them and the game was actually better.
I also remember how we bitched and bitched AND BITCHED in GW2 about things like FoV and A.Net made some changes and the game is actually better.
So, if I may ask you - which of these things listed here do you protest against? Greater account security? Relevant starting areas?
Furthermore, why don't they change all of the traits that say "10% damage while attuned to....?"
Make the one in the fire line "10% damage while attuned to fire AND 10% damage to burning targets."
Air line "10% damage while attuned to air AND 25% damage to knocked down targets."
Earth line "10% damage while attuned to earth AND 10% damage to bleeding targets."
Water line "10% damage while attuned to water AND 10% damage to vulnerable targets."
The way that they are set up now, it shuts down attunement swapping. If you combine that bonus with another bonus that is useable in all attunements, it might actually make them more flexible and encourage attunement swapping.
Place them as second tiered traits if they are "too OP" so you can't just trait for all of them.
I could see why a CD is necessary. Endurance isn't that hard to gain back as long as you use it conservatively. Eating food/traiting for vigor make endurance something not too hard to get.
Yeah, but then you're spending more traits to facilitate extra blast finishers, and you're losing out on potential Magic Find from peach tarts.
draxynnic, on 21 November 2012 - 09:25 AM, said:
However, the ability to set up and use comboes is regarded as one of the elementalist's main strengths when otherwise it's not exactly the strongest profession in the game, and removing the ability to self-combo makes life quite difficult for elementalists trying to solo. There's a reason S/D is so popular among solo elementalists.
Precisely. It's a weak profession, fundamentally good but numerically lacking. The ability to complete our own combos with some regularity make it possible to feel somewhat useful even though our spells aren't hitting for very good damage, and it was also fun.
Skills: doesn't matter. things you can use from max range. Nobody will notice.
find a warrior or guardian and follow it around, making sure to always be as far away as possible (1200). You don't really need skill points (or skill) or traits or even the hero tab to stand at max range and press three buttons. stay in fire 100% of the time, fire off auto attack and put down lava font when it's off CD (or just alt-tab, doesn't really matter). You will be really far away and most likely bored but worry not, those people you are following around are having lots of fun finishing your fields for you and stacking might to the ceiling and doing other fun stuff for you. Think of them as your fun surrogates. You wanted to be support, didn't you?
Grab a staff, put the points wherever you'd like and pick anything, wear whatever, draw some skills out of a hat, leave your skill slots empty forever, what difference does it make in PvE?
Enjoy the new spec. The best part is that it's almost impossible for your expectations to be any lower. Now go out there and git 'er done!
I'm thinking of making a video to show how uber this spec is in dungeons. Pretty sure nobody in a dungeon would be able to figure out my uber spec or even notice any difference between this one and others.
Rainsford2, on 11 September 2012 - 04:57 PM, said:
1. That's a really deceptive way to calculate damage (I personally know what he means, but someone whose not 80 is going to think that his shards are doing 800-900 a hit). Why would you stack bleed duration when there's so many other builds that will just kill the mob before you would even reach the ridiculous 12-15 second duration you're talking about? My staff ele's auto attack actually crits for 3-4k per swing. And AOEs.
2. So what's the point? To make us try to use a play style that other profs do much, much better? This is why there's so much ele hate in the first place.
3. Having a "designated bleeder" in a pug eliminates the point of it, and if you're going to go with a set group you'd be better off with a necro in a cond build, anyway. And let me stress again, a staff fire/earth build is going to solo way, way faster than anything else. Pull five-six mobs, Eruption>Flame Burst> Lava Fount and they die.
4. He's using S/F in green gear, of course he feels like his damage his bad. We don't hear a lot about Guardians with Mace/Shield facestomping stuff either, but trying to do damage in a defensive set up with bad gear is a fools errand in the first place. And attunement swapping ~is~ the best way to play an ele. It just sounds like you guys are too lazy to actually play the class.
Crazy amounts of misinformation. I'm not sure why you'd use bleed duration sigils, either. The better cond build is sigil of battle/sigil of corruption since the two will more than double the cond bonus you get off the Carrion Exalted set.
Let me stress for people reading this: The best all-around set up is staff, and if you're not attune swaping you're playing the class wrong.
1. Deceptive? Not in the least. It wasn't spelled out for the hard of thinking, but as he's specifically talking about bleeding damage in a max cond damage / cond duration build it seems reasonable to assume that this is what he is referring to.
Congratulations you crit for a lot against low toughness targets when specced for a high crit damage build, the 4000+ bleed damage however is consistent and ignores armor.
2. The point is to illustrate that since he can do more damage in Earth attunement than he can in the other attunements while simultaneously having higher survivability there seems little point in shifting... It's a deadly boring playstyle, but it is the optimal one in many situations.
So other classes can do it better, glad you noticed, but then other classes can do many things better than Elementalists... Which is once again entirely missing point since it is an Elementalist playstyle that is being discussed.
3. Having a designated bleeder in a pug? C'mon use your loaf you will only ever have a designated bleeder working effectively in an organized team. Also don't forget that Necros don't get burning. Elementalists have access to the two highest damage Conditions in the game so it makes sense for an Elementalist to be doing it rather than a Necro... What Necros excel at is laying on lots of bleeds very quickly, what Elementalists excel at is building up medium duration bleeds slowly.
4. Did you even read? It's not so much that his damage is bad just that doing this his damage is much higher.
Crazy amounts of misinformation.... Funny just what I was thinking!