Upcoming Changes for PvP League Season Two
Arenanet has announced the changes for the upcoming PvP season. The finals for the ESL league also start this saturday, and during the Arenanet stream gifts from Corsair, Sennheiser, and precursor weapons from Arenanet! You can view an overview of the changes in PvP below:
- For matchmaking, groups of five people will no longer be matched with smaller groups or solo queueing players.
- For matchmaking, the search times have been decreased a lot.
- For matchmaking, pips and ranking will have a greater effect on the enemy players, meaning matches should be closer to your skill level.
- For rankings, pips will always award one pip, and losing will always remove one pip.
- Players that leave matches will always lose one pip, and teams that lose a player will not lose a pip.
- Win streaks have been introduced, giving an extra pip per victory after three initial streak victories.
- For rankings, multiple tiers have had pips added or removed to balance them accordingly.