From the very moment it launched last April, Super Adventure Box was an immediate hit. The 8-bit style graphics, quirky sound-effects, and retro platforming action provided players with some of the most engaging and memorable content to date. Now, after what seemed like an eternity, Super Adventure Box is back with even more content than before. Check out the press release below, then dig into the gallery by clicking on the banner above.
Super Adventure Box originated as an April Fools’ Day joke earlier this year, but quickly became a fan favorite with its pixelated 3D graphics, retro music and nostalgic gameplay that stirred memories of video games from yesteryear. Designed in-game by Moto, a crafty asura, to be a virtual reality simulator to educate the younger generation, Super Adventure Box will take players back to school with new and more difficult challenges.
Players can get an early look at the update by joining a livestream with ArenaNet developers on Tuesday, Sept. 3, at noon (PDT) on the Guild Wars 2 Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2.
- Continued Education: Players can continue their studies by going deeper into World 2, traveling through the Rapids, Pain Cliffs and Storm Top, where they’ll meet their lethal final exam in the form of the Storm Wizard. Unlocking new items and upgrades along the way will be the key to getting ahead.
- Tribulation Mode: Moto’s newest challenge teaches resilience and non-linear thinking. Players will learn that life isn’t easy in this new, ridiculously difficult mode for all zones in Worlds 1 and 2.
- Super Weapon Set: Players can acquire a stylish new look for their weapons by trading in Bauble Bubbles to earn the rest of the Super Weapon Skins.
- King Toad and Storm Wizard Weapons: Showing their prowess in Super Adventure Box, players will earn the materials necessary for King Toad and Storm Wizard weapons.
- Mini Princess Miya: Players can create their own mini Princess Miya by combining in the forge a mini Moto and elements of Princess Miya’s outfit.
- Craft Ascended Weapons: New recipes and materials will be hidden around the world, and a new skill cap of 500 will be introduced for the Weaponsmith, Artificer and Huntsman crafting disciplines. Players crafting their way to 500 will become Grandmaster Crafters and can learn the secrets of crafting Ascended weapons.
- Legendary Weapon Updates: Legendary weapons are getting a stat boost and an Offensive Infusion slot to align with the new Ascended weapons! Legendaries are also receiving additional functionality: When out of combat, Legendary weapon bearers will be able to choose between different stat combinations for your weapon. And to top it all off, many Legendaries are getting some aesthetic upgrades!
- Account-Wide Magic Find: We’re removing Magic Find as an equipment stat. Instead, your Magic Find will now be an account-wide bonus that applies to all of your characters. You can boost your account’s Magic Find using Essences of Luck, which can be earned by salvaging Fine or Masterwork items.