"It’s not an exploit to skip Kholer. He’s a bonus boss that unlocks a central waypoint, drops loot, and also gives a chest. People skip him because:
A) He’s hard if you don’t know what you are doing, and don’t communicate enough.
2) Our changes to our token rewards moved the tokens out of his unlocked chest, so people don’t feel they have to fight him to maximize gains
III) Our dropped loot is abysmal, so you’re not finding anything of value. Solutions:
A) He’s supposed to be hard, it’s explorable mode. We should aspire all our bosses across all difficulties to be of similar difficulty.
2 and III) We are currently re-working and changing our loot for dungeons. I had previously hoped that it would be in for the next patch, but it requires a lot of tuning and testing, so it might take another patch."
"Same thing that Rob said about dungeon loot is also true in open world. I recently started looking at this and its literally such a bad chance of getting good loot from those big world bosses. Champions as well, the numbers are just too low. The Halloween patch is just too close to put this in and test it, but we are also working on improving this." Jon
1) Can you get everything available to receive the Halloween skinned weapons without spending a single dollar? Yes.
2) Is increase of price (such as gems) natural during the time of a "special event", for example if Apple is about to launch a new product, will you see stock prices spike quickly in chances of a short term gain? Yes.
3) Did they state that the Halloween skinned items would be the only special event items available, or that there was only one way to earn these skins? Nope.
4) Are they giving you something eventful (Devil Horns) entirely free, no questions asked, just for accepting it? Yes.
5) Are Black Lion Chests suddenly a new item that you're going to have to grind for just for the sake of the event? No.
6) Are they throwing in something entirely extra into these Black Lion Chests that are already part of the game, solely for your enjoyment during the event? Yes.
7) Is it entirely possible that these "Acts" that are part of the event will also hold "valuable" rewards upon completion? Yes.
8) Is it entirely possible that these weapon skins will later be available for sale on the Trading Post? Yes.
9) Do you really have any room to complain? Not really.
10) Are you complaining simply for the sake of complaining, for the sole reason that this game - that you don't pay a monthly fee for, that (chances are) you've already got your money's worth out of simply due to the hours you've already paid versus a console game you wouldn't have paid a cent less for, didn't live up to your standards set by your extreme case of gamer entitlement syndrome? Yes.