[quote name='typographie' timestamp='1447792858' post='2361935']/snip[/quote]
Thanks a lot! I'm trying to adress your points.
1. The healing part sounds good. The question is whether "the struggle" still applies once people got better on the encounter.
As for CC, I will just quote myself from the other thread:
What I honestly don't like is the new breakbar mechanic. They should introduce something else for events with a set amount of players, such as dungeons, fractals and raids. Spamming random CCs upon appearance of the break bar is such a sloppy mechanic. In fact, everything involving spamming is. I wish they would introduce a system that allows for the requirement of different CCs for different encounters. For example that you need movement disabling/slowing abilities in order to prevent the boss/adds from reaching a point or a boss skill that has a cast time of 1 s or less that needs an instant interrupt to be dealt with.
2. I'm not a fan of telegraph-driven positioning. I think I can live with it but it surely doesn't lead to me being euphoric.
As for healing, that's more what I'm looking for. I'm not a hater of clicking health-bars to heal, like anet seems to think of all players, in fact I love doing it, but I like this aoe kind of healing as well.
3. Well, the perfect example would be Tequatl. That's kind of the epitope of a gimmicky boss fight and I don't like it at all. Things like killing walls and using updrafts, as described in Feathermore's post, also count in here but as long as they aren't overused in every boss fight I'm fine with this. I think gimmicks are more a thing for open world bosses.
4. No. The achievement is not to kill the boss but to kill the boss fast. Pretty similar to what we have now. People will strive to kill the boss as quickly as possible so the timer will be of no significance in the later stages. Kind of like Tequatl developed. In the beginning it was a hard fight to kill him within the time limit but nowadays it's a cakewalk.
I honestly have no problems with people playing 10 healing druids to kill the boss in 2 hours. It's kind of like Dungeons in GW. You could do a lot of things to complete them and some of them took an enourmous amount of time. That was fun from time to time but people wouldn't do that repeadetly. I mean if people want to kill in boss in 2 hours instead of 8 minutes, let them do it. I still think it takes a considerable amount of skill, maybe more, to do it in 2 hours because you have to keep your concentration up for that long to not die.
The challenge, imho, should come from actually wiping from the encounter. DPS is only a question of set-up and not about the execution of said set-up. Both should be important.
MirageeMember Since 02 Jun 2012
Offline Last Active Jan 08 2016 03:32 PM
- Group Members
- Active Posts 979
- Profile Views 17113
- Member Title Sylvari Specialist
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown