So, I was raiding the Legendary Skeletal Lich with an overflow zerg on my lowbie Guardian (yes, I use the event to level up lowbies), when the debate arose...
"Ranged, get into melee range! You're healing him!"
"Don't you see he has life steal? Melees are actually healing him thanks to the life steal! Learn to read!"
(And this is the watered down and shortened version of the debate that occurred on the map chat)
Points in favor of the ranged option:
1) You don't get one-shot when the small skeletons are summoned (I noticed they buff themselves with Retaliation, therefore if you AoE them you're practically bound to see your HP dropping dramatically )
2) You don't get one-shot by its OHKO skill thanks to kiting
Points in favor of the melee option:
1) You're grouped so closely with other players that if you get downed, you're rezzed super fast (and also get banners buffs, since all Warriors apparently go melee)
2) You can keep the skeleton spawns under control, preventing them from going everywhere unchecked and disturb the rear line
3) You aren't subjected to the life steal skill of the boss
Problems is, ranged get their life stolen by the boss, according to a Ranger friend who raided the Lich from afar. But I haven't witnessed it personally.
So, who's right between the two schools? I'm personally inclined to believe that the melee raid force is more effective, as every successful raid had a majority of people hugging the boss, while the last attempts I've joined had so many Rangers/Elementalists/staff Guardians that the boss ended up being healed back to full health, despite the efforts of us melee players.
MachaMember Since 01 Aug 2012
Offline Last Active May 29 2014 11:21 PM
- Group Members
- Active Posts 103
- Profile Views 2032
- Member Title Asuran Acolyte
- Age 26 years old
- Birthday May 6, 1988