Well, this is the kind of 'ban' I am talking about. I actually wrote a thread about this in reddit, but I'm not going to lie - it went terrible. The backstory is that I accidentally failed to enter a few (2-3) solo tournaments and ended up receiving this debuff. People on reddit compared my case to 'me running people over with a car because I did not pay attention'. I'm not going to comment on that.
What I do want to comment on are these facts:
- Solo Tournament games could last less than 10 minutes.
- Solo Tournament games cannot be chained for consecutive games (unlike RA from GW1).
- Losing one Solo Tournament game does not equal 2 days of lost personal time.
- Having -1 person in your team does not guarantee a loss for your team (won a 4v5 game last night), and it doesn't mean that you will not gain glory or rewards.
- Again, I really feel that this has to be stressed out - me not entering a few Solo Tournament games does not equal to two days of lost time for the team that I failed to join!
Furthermore, let me say that Solo Tournaments cannot be deemed as a serious mode. People that say 'go back to hotjoin' are hilarious. Solo Tournaments is anything, but serious. Two day bans because of it? That's really, really out of line. Solo Tournament is a free mode, meaning nobody loses anything, except a few minutes of their time. I did not cost other players their money. But their 20-40 minutes of time while playing 4v5 cost me about 49 hours.
As a player who has played GW series since their beginning, and who has invested more than 5k hours overall into these games day and night - this punishment system is bullshi*. Please excuse my language, but I am trying to see how that ban is reasonable, and I simply can't. I also wrote a ticked to Anet, only to be met with a 'we cannot service you at this time' auto-reply. They completely ignored me. Why should I continue supporting them? I've already invested so much time and money into this franchise.