I've been thinking of how it might be possible to incorporate more than 5 players into the current style of Guild Wars 2 dungeons and came up with the following:
- 3 groups of 5 players each (number of groups doesn't really matter).
- Each group of 5 needs to progress down a separate path in the dungeon parallel to the other groups (fighting trash mobs, solving puzzles killing bosses etc...). Once the first group initiates their path a timer starts for all groups.
- Each group of 5 converges at a single point at the end of each path in front of a door to the final boss' room.
- After a certain amount of time the door to the boss' room closes which effectively prevents a slow group progressing through a path from engaging the boss.
- If all three groups don't make it in time for the final boss they won't be able to muster enough DPS to finish him off and complete the dungeon (or maybe 2/3 groups of very talented players could do the final boss for some special achievement).
I was just trying to think of a way to incorporate slightly larger scale PvE content for guilds to run without it becoming a giant zerg fest. Not really looking to change the game or add raids just wondering how the community would react to something like this?
Moon ElectricMember Since 10 Nov 2012
Offline Last Active Mar 08 2013 05:42 PM
- Group New Members
- Active Posts 14
- Profile Views 1213
- Member Title Fahrar Cub
- Age 37 years old
- Birthday November 17, 1978
Moon Electric hasn't added any friends yet.
11 Nov 2012 - 01:00