Jason Seven, on 19 December 2012 - 07:48 PM, said:
There is zero need for anybody to focus on anything but Power, Precision and +Critical Damage. More Vitality and Toughness just means that you need a larger health pool and more defense because you're getting hit too often. The same can be said about Healing Power. A skilledd player doesn't need any of these stats as they've learned when to dodge and how to position themselves. If you rely only on defense it means that you should learn how to play properly.
my,my what a pro player we have here,so you're the noob pug i pick up from time to time who spends all his time on the floor?
1. Some things like Security I agree with. However, with others (like Guesting), if there's some sort of problem that isn't easily solved, then you can't hold off launch indefinatly until you've fixed it (since ANet get their funding from NCSoft, they probably had some pressure applied to launch ASAP and fix everything after). More than anything, I think they need more transparency if they're having issues with a particular thing. Sure, some people will bitch, but a lot of people would also appreciate the updates of info.
2. Things are subject to change. They told us this before launch, so I'd consider that fairly acceptable.
3. I think people think of the roles (support, control and damage) too rigidly. Say someone's gone down, and you knock the mobs away from them. Have you just Controlled the mobs, Supported the Downed player, or both? Hardly gospal, but that's my view on it.
4. This is more down to player attitude IMO. A game can only help so far with these issues, ande then it's down to the players to build the community. If you got a group of players that only look out for themselves, no amount of tools will help. Which, to be honest, is quite sad.
5. Not entirely sure what you were expecting, but since the overarching threat in the game is Zhaitan, logic dictates that all stories would end up there as well. However, I haven't played any alts yet, so I can't comment on this one, really.
6. If you do every path once a day, you'll get an entire set of armour and two weapon sets on 13 days. It was different before, sure, but they changed it. I'd hardly consider this a 'grind'.
7. It's only a treadmill if the stats keep going up, and we also don't know how easy these pieces will be to get.
8. Agree on this one, if all you're looking at is progress in aquiring Gold / Karma. I also agree that scaling needs to be harsher for lower level zones.
9. I didn't have this problem. I made myself and my friend gear and levelled up crafting without too much surplus (what surplus I did have I just used a basic salvage kit on and got some mats back)
Sorry friend, this is not the place to disscuss prime time- night capping issues i presume, but anyone who understands the "meta" of WvW in the top brackets wouldnt make that comment. Prime time is a complicated thing to define. For instance, I am a night person, have been for more than a decade. I sleep at day. Period. I game at night. Any true gamer knows night people are way more dangerous than day people. Fewer can acomplish a lot more. I for instance retired from my warhammer online server topping all the rvr relevant charts.
I rest my case.
I just stated we lack during EU off peak hours, as the score boards show. No-one cares when you get your beauty sleep mate. Keep this thread clean ty.
All they need to balance WvW is make one change: Dynamic population cap.
None of this outmanned bullshit. If anything, when a server sees that they're outmanned their morale becomes lower and they just quit, making the server even more outmanned.
Yes this will make it problematic for the hundreds of War Machine and other Asian guilds who won't be able to get in Stormbluff during off-hours, but server transfers are still free.
In fact, they should have implemented this from the beginning. I am almost certain that with this, Henge of Denravi would not have had a unbreakable winning streak. The fact that ArenaNet's official response to night-capping and population imbalance was, "deal with it" just proves they really don't care about WvW.
1. Fragmented community spilt across servers rather than using a district based system.
2. No GvG or game wide recognition of good PvP players/teams
3 Personal story can be soloed, rather than needing a team
4. You don't see the depth and synergy of gameplay until much later in the game
5. Guild features such as alliances missing
6. Community relations feels distant from the player base
Basically, Arenanet forgot to add a heart to the game so all we have left is game mechanics.
So exactly how is this different from someone playing DDR backwards? It just means you have spent enough time to the point of memorizing the whole puzzle. As long as you can see just a little bit of the surroundings, you already know the pattern of the puzzle so it's not hard.