Let's get to know each other better and have a little fun in the process.
Gerroh works in a store.
I work in a fairly typical store. Old people buy things on sale, young people buy things that are unhealthy, children whine and scream because they can't have the thing with the bows on it. Parents who make me question if we should restrict who can and can't have kids come and go, and people who think they should get a $10 item for $2 because some other customer(for reasons I'll never understand) put it in the spot for the $2 items when the spot where it belongs is one goddamn shelf above make me question my faith in humanity.
As I work, as I go about my job and do the things that need to be done, I need to find ways to entertain myself. I take about 10% of my brain, I allocate that portion to working; it works autonomously while the other 90% of my brain, which contains all the brilliance, creativity, imagination and wonder within me, spaces right the F out.
Songs play in the store at a volume loud enough for people to hear, but not so loud that you can't tune out the trash when its time in the cycle comes.
One of the things I do to entertain myself-- with that 90% of my brain that is spaced out --is make up funny lyrics to the songs that play overhead, or sometimes I just think of things that make me laugh. Things I could say to people. Things I most certainly should not say to people. Things that would be reaaaaaaaally funny, but would totally get me fired in a flash.
So the whole time I'm working, I wander around the store doing things and snickering and giggling and no one has a F'ing clue what I am so entertained by. I can only imagine how weird it is to them, especially since my gait, posture, and general movements are on a Tim Burton level of strange. I would think they assume the store fetched me from a puzzle factory (AKA mental hospital).
GerrohMember Since 04 Nov 2010
Offline Last Active Jul 26 2014 12:06 AM
- Group Members
- Active Posts 572
- Profile Views 4748
- Member Title Sylvari Specialist
- Age 25 years old
- Birthday September 18, 1989